Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
readpro
readpro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3 usb drive mode problem

Hello 2 all, sry for my english, but i have problem, my kindle after installed hack usbnetwork

Disk is grey and not active( (Insert disk in device) Charging is as long as the screen saver will not turn on the screen appropriately charging mode connection there. Computer win7, win xp on a laptop in the same way. Thank you for attention

Installed hacks
jailbreak, russian language, russian keyboard

Reset to factory defaults and update to 3.3 i tried

When i removing kindle in device manager, then make reboot kindle with plugged usb - i get usb mode, but exit from mode is only holding button 15 sec.
readpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBNetwork README_FIRST.txt
In the same vein, avoid booting your Kindle while plugged to a computer, it tends to make weird things happen...
That's at least part of your problem. Can't quite get the other part, since I don't read Cyrillic .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
readpro

Can you help me in English?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by readpro View Post
Can you help me in English?
нет

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have nothing else to offer.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
readpro

twowheels, я не понял, что он сказал, объясни пожалуйста куда "копать" можно для решения проблемы?
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by readpro View Post
twowheels, я не понял, что он сказал, объясни пожалуйста куда "копать" можно для решения проблемы?
Sorry readpro... even though I hear Russian spoken every day at home I only have a rudimentary understanding of it, so I cannot assist you in Russian.
Aunque, si quiere ud ayuda en español ... :-)

As for not understanding his comment... (I read your response, just can't answer in Russian)

I think that he was quoting the instructions for the usbnetwork hack, and was pointing out that the instructions say not to reboot the kindle while it's plugged in via USB as this can cause problems. My understanding is that he thinks that this might have caused your problem. I don't know what you would do to solve the problems that this causes, though reading those instructions might be helpful.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
readpro

I understand you

But understand what can i do with my kindle
Old 10-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
readpro