Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Why Vista User Access Control is good in the long run

Great article about how most programs are written in a way that they need admin authority. The UAC windows may just seem like a brainless nusiance to some now, but the idea is to change how programs are written so the windows become rare, and people become very careful about their answers in the future. It's a long term strategy.

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/200...ntrol-uac.html
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I agree, it will eventually be a good thing but for now is a major nuisance. However, I refuse to upgrade to Vista, mainly due to the pain in the behind of UAC and getting stuff to work. Not to be too negative.. but the only problem with *eventually* is that the same goes for having ways around it; i.e., there will eventually be more bugs found and exploited, although the user will think they're still protected. It's the nature of the game.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert