Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
using author sort for author - Sony 950

I just stared using author sort for author for my Sony 950 and it's great. I also found a tool by goaspy to reset the modified date to keep the books you want on the home screen. When the modified date is updated it somehow resets the author name too. I found a trial version of a tool to change file attributes and that also resets the author name.

How does Calibre switch author to author sort and how could updating the modified date change the author? I am using version 0.7.37

I use author sort by going to Preferences, Plugins, Device Interface Plugins, Sony Device Interface, Customize plugin. In there, I check "Use author sort for author"

Last edited by Purple Lady; 01-28-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I'm not sure of the general answer to this question, using multiple tools to manipulate the library is sort of asking for trouble. Did you make sure that management of metadata is set to 'Automatic' under preferences -> Sending to devices?

Have you also tried the above setting in conjunction with changing the 'date' field in Calibre's metadata? Not sure if it would do the same thing as the other utility.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I had it set to only on send, changing it to automatic did fix the author. Did you mean to change the date in edit metadata? that didn't work, but with using automatic it doesn't matter. Thanks!

The only thing is if I have a lot of books will automatic take a while every time I connect? I don't have many books on it now, but I just got it and I plan to keep all my books on it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote