Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
omar504
omar504 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
User Guide

Just got my Kindle,plugged it in and tried to get user guide. But the format is not accepted by my computer! One of the files is .azm which I couldn't open either but was sent to a web site called Registry Booster which did a scan and said I have 431 problems! I JUST WANT TO OPEN THE MANUAL!!!
omar504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Download Kindle for PC (K4PC) from Amazon.com if you want to read it on the PC, otherwise it should be easily read on your Kindle device itself.

AZM is the native format for the Kindle. mobi and prc are also native formats.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
you mean .azw not .azm

Omar, I don't understand why you're not reading the manual from the Kindle itself. Your post doesn't mention having problems with the device itself, but that you're having trouble opening the manual ebook file from your computer. *scratches head*

You can use Kindle4PC, but you don't have to. if you use Kindle 4 PC, you have to register it, and Amazon's website treats it like a second Kindle... If all you need to do is read an .azw, .mobi or .prc file from your computer, you can use Kindle Previewer.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
omar504
omar504 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ended up contacting Amazon who directed me to the manual on their web site. Yes,it is on the Kindle but it's much easier to read on the computer.Thanks for the replies.
omar504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar504 View Post
Yes,it is on the Kindle but it's much easier to read on the computer.
Hmm, that's interesting.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
PitterPat
PitterPat has learned how to read e-booksPitterPat has learned how to read e-booksPitterPat has learned how to read e-booksPitterPat has learned how to read e-booksPitterPat has learned how to read e-booksPitterPat has learned how to read e-booksPitterPat has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
You can also download a PDF version from Amazon.
PitterPat is offline   Reply With Quote