Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
addicted2books
EBookaholic
addicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Wink Hello From Canada

Hi Everyone:

I thought I would take a moment and introduce myself. I'm new to Ebooks and Readers but I suffer from a life long addiction to the printed word. At least everyone close to me seems to think it's an addiction.

I stumbled across your forum when doing some ereader research on the 'net and what can I say, you guys caught my attention. What an awesome site you have. I think I've learned more on MobileRead in the last few days than I have collectively in the last few months.

I've recently purchased a Sony PRS-505 and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival by Canada Post. I'm quite excited about using a Reader and experiencing Ebooks. It seems the wave of the future. Hopefully ebooks will help eliminate the piles of books that I have cluttering my house and help save some trees!

~Lori~
addicted2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Lori and welcome to MobileRead. But, be very careful here. if you are addicted to the printed word, you'll be easily addicted to eBook readers. And this damn Forum is addictive as well. Truth is, we're all a bunch of eBook junkies around here.

BTW, I've had a 505 for over a year now and really like it. Be sure and let us know how you like yours when it arrives.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Lori and welcome to the forum!

I think many folk around here stumbled upon MobileRead while researching ebook readers. After spending time here researching readers, I bought a 505 a couple months ago and I am completely addicted and in love.

If you love books, be sure to check out the free books here on MobileRead.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=126
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:30 AM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Hey Lori, and welcome to Mobileread!
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
addicted2books
EBookaholic
addicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litter

Smile Lots of Books

Thanks for the welcome. It's nice to find a place with people that read as much as I do. I would rather read than watch TV definitely.

While I wait for my Sony PRS-505 (Red), I've been busily downloading books. I have already downloaded a number of books from this site. The number that I already have should probably keep me reading steadily for the next year or so!

I think the books from this site are the best by far. Obviously those industrious people who uploaded all those books have put in an enormous amount of work into those books and it shows. You have my thanks for your efforts. It seems an art form to me as I wouldn't have the first clue how to do such a thing.

I'm not sure at this point I'll have much to contribute but I look forward to enjoying MobileRead.

~Lori~
Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the sweet sweet addiction! I love my 505!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Lori and welcome to MobileRead. But, be very careful here. if you are addicted to the printed word, you'll be easily addicted to eBook readers. And this damn Forum is addictive as well. Truth is, we're all a bunch of eBook junkies around here.

BTW, I've had a 505 for over a year now and really like it. Be sure and let us know how you like yours when it arrives.
Hello Lori! and welcome! I think that our relationship to MR began the same way as yours... We hear the kindle buzz... do some reseach and discover on this site unimaginable amounts of info... plus the fact that there is more devices out ther than just the Kindle! WHO KNEW!! ha!

Definetly let us know how u like ur reader!!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
addicted2books
EBookaholic

Red face Waiting is Killing Me!

When I bought my reader I had a choice of it being shipped by ground or you could pay extra and of course it would arrive sooner. At the time I thought, 'What's the hurry, Self? You've already been mulling this over for 6 months or so, what's another few days?' Well, these are the longest few days of my life!!!

I live in a rural area so my package will be delivered to a mailbox outside my house. I think it's probably a good thing that my mail person will be protected by her little Ford Ranger with solid doors and windows. Not that I would intentionally hurt her but maybe in my enthusiasm to wrestle my package from her grasp, I might do her an injury and end up in a lawsuit! All over a small package that weights a little over half a pound.

This is worse than Christmas when I was 8 years old. By the way I still believed in Santa at 8.

I think I'll go take a sedative and see if I can make it until the end of the week. Hopefully the stress doesn't kill me.