Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #76
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Thank you. It works now.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #77
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
With the older versions of overdrive, once I added an "empty book", the title would come up as unknown with the author's name. I could then have the Overdrive plugin search for all books with that authors name and it would find all the books at my library.

Now the only choice I get is for the 1 selected book which of course is titled "Unknown" and the library has no book titled "Unknown" by that author.

For the particular authors name that I entered, there are 17 books at my library and Overdrive found none of those. I had to enter a particular title for that author and Overdrive then found that one book.

The job details (log) show that the program is finding all 17 books.

There is a line of the job details (log) that says "search filters not applied. Reloading response page".
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #78
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyEvie View Post
With the older versions of overdrive, once I added an "empty book", the title would come up as unknown with the author's name. I could then have the Overdrive plugin search for all books with that authors name and it would find all the books at my library.

Now the only choice I get is for the 1 selected book which of course is titled "Unknown" and the library has no book titled "Unknown" by that author.

For the particular authors name that I entered, there are 17 books at my library and Overdrive found none of those. I had to enter a particular title for that author and Overdrive then found that one book.

The job details (log) show that the program is finding all 17 books.

There is a line of the job details (log) that says "search filters not applied. Reloading response page".
In the latest version of the plugin I changed the ability to search for additional books by the selected author from a menu choice to a plugin configuration option. ('Discover more books by authors of selected books') Make sure that this option is set in your plugin configuration.

The message about search filters results from a problem I came across when I changed to plugin to search the Overdrive library sites individually instead of using search.overdrive.com. I have found that occasionally the restrictions on a search (such as ebook format, language or exact author name) are not applied, leading to excessive search results. The plugin detects this and retries the search, which seems to correct the problem. This should not have anything to do with the problem you are experiencing.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #79
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have updated the plugin to support books that can be recommended for acquisition by Overdrive libraries.
Thanks for the extra effort
Two things:
First it would be nice if the 'Show Details' could be turned on by default in the customization.

Second, I give you an example of the following book where no links were found, but it IS shown on the Overdrive.com web site (pic attached) as available at a (some) Library. High Hunt by David Eddings
[I thought I remembered that your algorithm went to Overdrive.com first, but the log doesn't show that...???]

Here is my log:
Starting job: Search Overdrive for 1 book
Checking whether Lebanon allows acquisition recommendations
Open http://lclibs.lib.overdrive.com/AdvancedSearch.htm
Search for recommendable books is supported by Lebanon
Checking whether Hershey allows acquisition recommendations
Open http://capitalarealibrary.lib.overdr...ncedSearch.htm
Search for recommendable books is NOT supported by Hershey
Checking whether Lake County allows acquisition recommendations
Open http://mylakelibrary.lib.overdrive.c...ncedSearch.htm
Search for recommendable books is NOT supported by Lake County
Checking whether Phila Free allows acquisition recommendations
Open http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com/AdvancedSearch.htm
Search for recommendable books is supported by Phila Free
Checking whether Alachua County allows acquisition recommendations
Open http://overdrive.aclib.us/AdvancedSearch.htm
Search for recommendable books is NOT supported by Alachua County
================================================== ================
Search Lebanon for high by david eddings
Post http://lclibs.lib.overdrive.com/BANG...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=
Search returned 0 results in 7.26 sec
Search Lebanon recommendable for high by david eddings
Post http://lclibs.lib.overdrive.com/BANG...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=more
Search returned 0 results in 1.56 sec
Search Hershey for high by david eddings
Post http://capitalarealibrary.lib.overdr...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=
Search returned 0 results in 7.47 sec
Search Lake County for high by david eddings
Post http://mylakelibrary.lib.overdrive.c...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=
Search returned 0 results in 7.57 sec
Search Phila Free for high by david eddings
Post http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=
Search returned 0 results in 1.62 sec
Search Phila Free recommendable for high by david eddings
Post http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=more
Search filters not applied. Reloading response page.
Get http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...levancy&Page=1
Search returned 0 results in 14.10 sec
Search Alachua County for high by david eddings
Post http://overdrive.aclib.us/BANGSearch...esultsList.htm Sort=SortBy%3DRelevancy&PerPage=20&Title=%22high%2 2&Creator=%22david+eddings%22&CollDate=&Subject=&F ormat=420%2C50%2C410%2C450%2C610%2C810&Language=en &Publisher=&Award=&interestlevel=&AtosBooklevel=&L exilelevel=&GradeLevel=&availabilityoptions=
Search returned 0 results in 1.31 sec

---Looking for "High Hunt" by "David Eddings" in results---
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	394
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	114175  
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #80
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the quick reply. Fantastic job. It's working great.

One more thing - would it be possible to incorporate a search feature such as I would want anything to do with Sherlock Holmes without knowing the authors name ?

Thanks again.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #81
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
In the latest version of the plugin I changed the ability to search for additional books by the selected author from a menu choice to a plugin configuration option. ('Discover more books by authors of selected books') Make sure that this option is set in your plugin configuration.
Is it possible to also have the choice like it was before? I have that set in the configuration, but many times, I only want the specific book. It's more of a pain to have to go into settings and choose there than it was to have to choice on the main menu.

I do love this plugin. Thank you very much!
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #82
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
…First it would be nice if the 'Show Details' could be turned on by default in the customization.
Second, I give you an example of the following book where no links were found, but it IS shown on the Overdrive.com web site (pic attached) as available at a (some) Library. High Hunt by David Eddings
[I thought I remembered that your algorithm went to Overdrive.com first, but the log doesn't show that...???]…
I will look in to adding a configuration setting to make the details always show after a search. That would be useful for me also.

With the latest version of the plugin I changed the algorithm to check the individual library sites for books instead of using search.overdrive.com. I found that the previous method sometimes missed books available at libraries. Also, the new search algorithm is faster.

The search for recommendable books uses the Overdrive advanced search option for additional titles to recommend at the individual libraries. This appears to return the most accurate information on books actually available for acquisition by libraries through Overdrive at the time the search is done. Over time, books have been withdrawn from being available for new purchases by libraries and I believe that the book you mention is one of those.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #83
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyEvie View Post
One more thing - would it be possible to incorporate a search feature such as I would want anything to do with Sherlock Holmes without knowing the authors name ?
I will think about it for a bit to see if I can incorporate that type of search into the plugin. Searches in Overdrive libraries for keywords tend to produce a lot of spurious results.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #84
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
Is it possible to also have the choice like it was before? I have that set in the configuration, but many times, I only want the specific book. It's more of a pain to have to go into settings and choose there than it was to have to choice on the main menu.
I was torn about the best way to handle this option. I changed it from a menu choice to a configuration option mainly because that is the type of search I always perform and because with the new search algorithm it is only slightly slower to check for newly discovered books so leaving that option selected has little impact on performance.

However, I can see cases where the prior approach of selecting at the time of search was useful. I will put some more thought into this. Perhaps a choice at the time that the results are presented of whether or not to save any discovered books.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #85
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

I have released version 1.8.0. The main change is support for lending library providers 3M Cloud Library and Freading in addition to Overdrive.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #86
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have released version 1.8.0. The main change is support for lending library providers 3M Cloud Library and Freading in addition to Overdrive.
Wow! Amazing! Thank you so very much. More K on its way!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #87
wawasteele
Addict

Thank you also for adding back the choice of search for books by selected authors or just the single book.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #88
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Still can not get a hit on
http://search.overdrive.com/
for High Hunt by David Eddings... but it's there... and is shown as "Find at a Library"...???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	114872  
Old 11-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #89
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Still can not get a hit on
http://search.overdrive.com/
for High Hunt by David Eddings... but it's there... and is shown as "Find at a Library"...???
You may have missed jhowell's response...

Quote:
With the latest version of the plugin I changed the algorithm to check the individual library sites for books instead of using search.overdrive.com. I found that the previous method sometimes missed books available at libraries. Also, the new search algorithm is faster.

The search for recommendable books uses the Overdrive advanced search option for additional titles to recommend at the individual libraries. This appears to return the most accurate information on books actually available for acquisition by libraries through Overdrive at the time the search is done. Over time, books have been withdrawn from being available for new purchases by libraries and I believe that the book you mention is one of those.
If this isn't the issue and you discover the answer, please post.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #90
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
You may have missed jhowell's response...
If this isn't the issue and you discover the answer, please post.
Well, jhowell stated "The search for recommendable books uses the Overdrive advanced search option for additional titles to recommend at the individual libraries. ", so I 'assume' that if it is shown on Overdrive.com' regular or advanced search AND it shows Find at a Library, that it would be reported as available. Now in this particular book example which happened to be a random selection, High Hunt, is in NOT available in the US but is available elsewhere.
Not I'm not a programmer (unless you bring back Fortran IV, VBG) but I again 'assume' that his algorithm just searches for the Find in a Library button; so whether or not it is in the US or elsewhere should not matter to the program. (Although it might matter to a specific library, that is not the issue here)

The other point here is that our very cooperative Jhowell is tying the Overdrive search to whether or not you or I have a library that participated in the Overdrive menu that has the Recommend option.
FWIW, I had been successful sending an email to a library before the Recommend function was designed and added. So I do not consider is necessary that you or I have a Recommend participating library.
My initial request was just to learn if a book was available at Overdrive with the Find at a Library option.

I will point out that other books do indicate correctly for Overdrive, and why this one and perhaps others don't.. is my question.

Tags
id=model, overdrive