Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
mrbowman
mrbowman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Where does Kobo Touch store the notes and bookmarks?

Hi.

Well, I'm new to the forum, I hope I could clarify with your help some issues with my almost new Kobo Touch.

I wonder where does the Touch store notes and bookmarks. I probably have to return my Kobo Touch for a battery that can be defective (in another post I explain my case and the advices received from Kobo to test it before officially declaring a battery defect).

Would it be possible to recover my notes and then sync them back to the same book but in a new or fixed device?

Have good readings!
mrbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Maybe this thread can help you a bit: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203273
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
mrbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Maybe this thread can help you a bit: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203273
That seems a good starting point.

Thanks a lot Mrs_Often!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbowman View Post
That seems a good starting point.

Thanks a lot Mrs_Often!!!
No problem

Best of luck with exchanging your device and transferring your notes!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
mrbowman

Wow, what a coincidence, I was reading a while ago that post.

And it makes ​​me think that this could be the solution, a combination of sleep and power-off settings. If so, I'll think that the firmware developed by Kobo is quite poor.

Do not you think that there are too many complaints about the battery life of the different Kobo readers?

My KT has gone within hours from 38%, to the black screen message that warns low battery. No use in that interval.

And on this subject, does anybody remember which were the default energy settings? I'm now recharging and I want to test it with those values. The seller told me that there's no problem about replacing the unit, so I will make the test that Kobo customer service adviced me.

Have good readings!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Yes indeed, there seem to be more and more complaints about bad batteries. Either the new devices somehow got a huge fat batch of terrible batteries, or there is indeed something horrible going on in the firmware.

I'm glad you won't have any problem exchanging your device!

I think the factory settings are 15 minutes to sleep, and "never" to off-mode. If you want to be 100% sure, you could always do a factory reset for your final test
Old 02-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
mrbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Yes indeed, there seem to be more and more complaints about bad batteries. Either the new devices somehow got a huge fat batch of terrible batteries, or there is indeed something horrible going on in the firmware.

I'm glad you won't have any problem exchanging your device!

I think the factory settings are 15 minutes to sleep, and "never" to off-mode. If you want to be 100% sure, you could always do a factory reset for your final test
I'm sorry. My last message shouldn't be here, I made a quick copy and paste in the wrong thread.

Anyway thanks for the info Mrs-Often

Tags
bookmarks, kobo touch, notes