Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Toy2Boy
Toy2Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Calibre Books To Kindle Keyboard Question

Hello folks,

I am new here, sorry if this is widely known.

Soon I am to wipe out my Kindle Keyboard 3G
Then using Calibre lay back in books sorted (properly now) by Collections.

It's just over 500 books / 12 Collections.

Background: I am new, Kindle is only 2 weeks old. I got books from various locations / my documents too and as I reached over 500 quickly realized my sorting method was just not going to cut it. So I edited the metadata in Calibre for every single book/doc properly and assigned them more descriptive Collection names.

The question:
Is there ANY way to lay those into a specific Collection (in mass) on the Kindle Keyboard 3G INSTEAD of placing them in Main Memory and putting them into a collection individually?

IF I could add Collections (both from Calibre TO Kindle) in bulk it would save many hours of time.

Thank you for your time,
~ Mark
Toy2Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
The super amazing Kindle Collections plugin will magically create collections on the Kindle Keyboard for you.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Toy2Boy

Well, there is a bit of a learning curve there.
I needed to clear the Kindle first, put the new in, then perform the Collection operation.

[And very happy with my anal tendencies as I created a "Collections" custom tab going through updating all the metadata which worked well.]

BUT IT WORKED WONDERFULLY!

Synamon, I owe you lunch, wash your car, mail you a bunt cake, something!

Thanks!

Last edited by Toy2Boy; 04-27-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm glad it worked for you. Tagging all the books for the collections you want is half the battle and you had already done that.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
Toy2Boy

Actually, I downloaded the metadata for each book and edited that specifically independently.

For others, this is what I recommend: I created a CUSTOM column which I called "Collections". That was used specifically to mirror to the desired Collections on the Kindle. Then I was able to use multiple words (descriptions) within the tags column, or in cases leave that as the metadata was from downloading that (from others such as Google, Amazon, Open, etc.).

Yeah, it was a lot of work, and really wouldn't have mattered when I started.

NOW, for simplicity, I wait until I have 20+ new books and do the above in a small chunk which takes me less than an hour.
Advert