Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Kobo Reader Device Interface in Calibre - Disable?

So in Calibre, I use Kobo Touch Extended. I've disabled Kobo Touch. Can I also disable Kobo Reader Device Interface?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:41 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
So in Calibre, I use Kobo Touch Extended. I've disabled Kobo Touch. Can I also disable Kobo Reader Device Interface?
Unless you have the original Kobo or the Kobo WiFi (the ones with the D-pads), you don't need the Kobo Reader Device Interface driver. OTOH, my tests with disabling drivers I would not be using did not show any speed gain, lower memory use, etc.

The only reason for disabling the KoboTouch driver when using the KoboTouchExtended driver or vice versa is that they address the same family of Kobo devices.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Unless you have the original Kobo or the Kobo WiFi (the ones with the D-pads), you don't need the Kobo Reader Device Interface driver. OTOH, my tests with disabling drivers I would not be using did not show any speed gain, lower memory use, etc.

The only reason for disabling the KoboTouch driver when using the KoboTouchExtended driver or vice versa is that they address the same family of Kobo devices.
I disabled KoboTouch as it was doing the same thing as the extended and I worried that two plug-ins trying to do the same thing at the same time might cause issues. That was my same reasoning for thinking about disabling the Kobo Reader Device Interface plug-in. If there's no harm letting both run, then no worries.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote