Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
RobbieT
From Holland
RobbieT began at the beginning.

Device: None
Holland; Getting A Kobo E-reader

Hi,

I'm from Holland and I really want a Kobo Ereader.
Actually, I want three. One for me and two for other people. But there is no way I can get them in Holland.

I tried Borders.com but for some reason the order got canceled. I tried an American Credit Card at borders.com. But it got canceled. I phoned them (Cost me already 70 euros). But they can't help me.

Then I tried Ebay. But apparently, that's a Swindle. Hopefully I get my money back. But i payed with credit card through Paypal, so that shouldn't be any problem.

Do you guys know any way I can get three Kobo's over here?
RobbieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Even if you get one I am not sure you will be able to purchase books. I am in Canada and cannot buy US books.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
RobbieT
From Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
Even if you get one I am not sure you will be able to purchase books. I am in Canada and cannot buy US books.
Owh, that doesn't matter. I've already got about 2000 e-books on my pc .
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
ah good. Have you emailed Chapters Indigo in Canada? I can't see why they can't sell you one.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
RobbieT
From Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
ah good. Have you emailed Chapters Indigo in Canada? I can't see why they can't sell you one.
Chapters.indigo doesn't ship to holland. I sent them an e-mail but they keep telling they don't ship to holland .
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
Spinner
Bibliofreak
Spinner began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Well, if you can find no other way, I could possibly help you out; might take me a few days to track down 3 Kobos though. Shipping will be expensive if you want them in a hurry, probably about $30 Canadian or so via air parcel. Are you looking for white or black or don't care?
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Looks like Spinner's kind offer is your best bet, Robbie. Quite honestly though, I'd seriously question the wisdom of buying three devices that are so hard to get in the first place that -- should anything be wrong -- you would have a hard time having serviced or replaced. I live in France and buy as much hardware as possible locally for this very reason. But I can appreciate the attraction of Kobo -- so good luck. Good to have your company here, by the way. Best wishes. Neil
Attached Images

neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #8
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner View Post
Well, if you can find no other way, I could possibly help you out; might take me a few days to track down 3 Kobos though. Shipping will be expensive if you want them in a hurry, probably about $30 Canadian or so via air parcel. Are you looking for white or black or don't care?
Actually, shipping will be more than that. I paid $32 to send a Kobo to Spain. For 3 Kobos you're looking at at least $50 (Small Packet) which only gives you $100 coverage. For $450 coverage you need Xpresspost which is about $80.

I know, Canada Post sux

Last edited by Thrasher; 06-15-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
RobbieT
From Holland

Well,

I've decided not to wait any longer and i bought a Sony PRS505 today through a dutch auction website.

Everyone thanks for their input!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Hope you enjoy it RobbieT. I've had a 505 for about 18 months now and think it's great.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
The 505 is a terrific device, Robbie. Tried and tested. Many of us here swear by the machine. You'll also find it pretty flexible and will have little trouble getting the books you and the family want. Do go for DRM-free ebooks so that you can easily share them when you get another couple of devices at home. Good luck. Cheers. Neil

PS: Does your family prefer to read in English or Dutch? What genres do you particularly like? If you read in English, pop into my own wee publishing house's website (URL below) and drop me a line of two or three titles in ePub that catch your eye. I'd be happy to send them along with our compliments to start your library off. Best wishes. Neil (ntmarrATbewrite.net -- use the @ sign, of course).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drm_free_green with bb.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	53457  
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote