Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Thumbs down Default Credit Card Unavailable

I've bought quite a few books from B&N over the last 4 weeks. The usual: VPN on PC, German credit card, then download on nook via WiFi and on PC in parallel. Until yesterday: No problems at all.
Now I suddenly get the error message: "Default Credit Card Unavailable: We could not complete your order because your B&N account does not have a default credit card. Please visit...to add a default credit card."
1.) They DID complete my order. I've got it in the B&N reader on PC, it's working flawlessly.
2.) I didn't change a thing and my credit card still is in the account (and is valid of course).
I hope they don't close accounts because on non-US credit cards. nook solely for sideloading would be totally useless for me (there are way better solutions out there, nook only is interesting in combination with WiFi/B&N shop).

Has anyone seen this as well?

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-04-2010 at 10:39 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've bought quite a few books from B&N over the last 4 weeks. The usual: VPN on PC, German credit card, then download on nook via WiFi and on PC in parallel. Until yesterday: No problems at all.
Now I suddenly get the error message: "Default Credit Card Unavailable: We could not complete your order because your B&N account does not have a default credit card. Please visit...to add a default credit card."
There is a posting in the B&N forum about this error. It is caused by server problems at B&N.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
There is a posting in the B&N forum about this error. It is caused by server problems at B&N.
Thanks a lot.
I've been worried they might start blocking non-US accounts.
Still pretty annoying...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
mykoffee
Enthusiast
mykoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I had wondered! I was at B&N yesterday trying to purchase a book and it gave me that error, even though I could clearly see I had a default cc set. So the manager called Nook CS for me and they told me to deregister and reregister, I did that and it worked. Only to find today when I logged in to my B&N account that they were telling me once more I had no default cc set. Grrrr! So I've reset it once more and we'll see if it sticks.

Linda
mykoffee is offline   Reply With Quote