Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle ebook wish lists...

Sorry if this is a dupe... I read on the Kindle blog that you can now put Kindle books in your Amazon wish list. Well, it's about time. Apparently you still can't gift a Kindle ebook to someone yet.

Quote:
Now you can add Kindle books to your Amazon.com Wish List from the Kindle Store on your Kindle. You can track Kindle items you are interested in by accessing "Your Wish List" from the Kindle Store menu on Kindle or by visiting Amazon.com/wishlist on the web.
BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Not to sound stupid but I was already doing that or maybe I wasn't. All the books on my Wish List are Kindle versions. Am I missing something?
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
Not to sound stupid but I was already doing that or maybe I wasn't. All the books on my Wish List are Kindle versions. Am I missing something?
How exactly were you doing it? You weren't using the Universal Wishlist?

BOB
Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No not the Universal Wishlist, I guess the regular Wish List? I would go to the Kindle version of the book, look at the customer reviews and it would give me the option of adding it to my Wish List. Now I see instead of having to go to the customer reviews FIRST and adding from that page, now they have a Add to Wish List button right on the same page as the book information. I hope I answered your question pilotbob.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I hope I answered your question pilotbob.
Yes thanks. Although I still don't know what good a Kindle book wishlist is if people can buy the ebooks for me. Isn't that the point a wishlist. I mean I already know what books I want.

BOb
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You can now see your wishlists (all of them) from the Kindle Store - it picks out the Kindle books in each one. Anything you had in Save For Later is now on a list called Kindle Wish List.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
chilady1
I devour books!

Thank you Karen!

I know this post is but I have to do this nonetheless:

Karen:

Two things - this is long overdue as I have been meaning to say a big fat THANK YOU to you for your blog. I must go to that site at least 10 times a day to see if there are any updates. You do a great job and I just wanted to say thank you so much for Books on the Knob. I recommend it to anyone I know that has a Kindle. I have you to personally thank for my ever growing TBR list (not a bad problem to have).

Secondly, heard your interview on Kindle Chronicles and it was extremely informative. Lots of good things that I didn't know so again another thank you. You have truly increased my own Kindle experience. I didn't see a way to send you a personal message on your blog (might have not been looking properly) so when I saw your handle here today just wanted to send you some luv!

Your work is much appreciated!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I still don't know what good a Kindle book wishlist is if people can buy the ebooks for me.
I've always used a wish list as a sort of memo to myself. When I see a book, or any other product at Amazon, that I might want to buy for myself, I add it to my wish list. When I'm ready to place an order, I review the list and select items to purchase. It's a sort of bookmarking process, if you will. I don't expect anyone else to see my wish list.

Does anyone else use the wish list in that way?
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Mike L, that's also how I use the wishlist. I don't always buy a book as soon as I see it, and instead I put it in my wishlist. Then I'll often go back later and buy a book I've previously put on my wishlist.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I've always used a wish list as a sort of memo to myself. When I see a book, or any other product at Amazon, that I might want to buy for myself, I add it to my wish list. When I'm ready to place an order, I review the list and select items to purchase. It's a sort of bookmarking process, if you will. I don't expect anyone else to see my wish list.

Does anyone else use the wish list in that way?
Of course, you could do this by just getting a sample of the book then. My idea of wish lists is to let other people know what I want. For example, when getting holiday gifts or whatever.

BOb
Old 12-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
My idea of wish lists is to let other people know what I want. For example, when getting holiday gifts or whatever.

BOb
So, you can add a Kindle version of a book to your wishlist, people can see the item on there, but they can't actually purchase it? Or am I just confused.

My idea of wishlists is the same as yours BOb, if I add something there it is usually just to give my family or friends ideas of what they could get me.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
So, you can add a Kindle version of a book to your wishlist, people can see the item on there, but they can't actually purchase it? Or am I just confused.
You have got it exactly.

BOb
Old 12-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #13
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Of course, you could do this by just getting a sample of the book then.
True, but it's much quicker to add it to the wish list (at least for people like me who don't have Whispernet). Also, I use the wish list for things other than ebooks.

That said, I agree with your more general point about not being able to buy wish-list items as gifts.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Also Off Topic
Quote:
Secondly, heard your interview on Kindle Chronicles and it was extremely informative.
Thank you for introducing me to the Kindle Chronicles with this post. Or as I like to call it, "All (Kindle) Things Considered."

I can't believe I'd never stumbled across that before, what an excellent podcast.

clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #15
LenEdgerly
LenEdgerly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
All Kindle Things Considered?

Brilliant! Much appreciated...
Len Edgerly
LenEdgerly is offline   Reply With Quote