Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oppenheimer and Street Sweepers

(I see I posted some of my graphite images here in the past so hopefully this is welcome/appropriate.)

I had not touched my pencils for five years until last month. Despite having my drawing table next to my computer and the reference images of the Indonesian Street Sweeper above all the pencils and etc.

I ran across an image I had drawn for my son while helping him move and I guess that triggered it. I stopped in the middle of the Sweeper Woman for whatever reason and spent the last five years focused on my writing. Needless to say I had urges to finish the drawing but feared ruining it from being out of practice. Early last month I began the Oppenheimer Drawing (today as a matter of fact is the day we dropped the bomb on Hirshomia). There is an interesting article on Oppenheimer and his quote "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." here: http://www.wired.co.uk/article/manha...rt-oppenheimer
The purpose was to hopefully get back up to speed to be able to complete the Street Sweeper. As of today I have done that, barring any final changes before I spray/fix it.

Both drawings are 9 x 11 inches graphite on Mellotex paper.
There are WIP (work in progress) threads for each at The Drawing Forum if you are interested in the detail and seeing it come together.

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds: http://www.thedrawingforum.com/forum...php?f=6&t=6017

Indonesian Street Sweeper: http://www.thedrawingforum.com/forum...php?f=6&t=1255

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	492U5238-S.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	158290   Click image for larger version

Name:	492U5205-S.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	158291   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170804_151746-S.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	158292  
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Amazing detail!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Amazing detail!
Thank you!
Old 08-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Beautiful work Kenny

One question - the Oppenheimer - the photo has much more shadow on the forehead and upper lip and nose - makes him look quite sinister (quite fits his quote) - while your drawing has far less shadowing - his face is much more open to the observer - was this intentional?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Beautiful work Kenny

One question - the Oppenheimer - the photo has much more shadow on the forehead and nose - makes him look quite sinister (quite fits his quote) - while your drawing has far less shadowing - his face is much more open to the observer - was this intentional?
Thanks! Glad you like them!

Yes and No.....mostly yes in that I intended it to be lighter ... a bit ghost-like.
and this is exactly why I don't normally show/reveal my reference photos.
Advert
Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks! Glad you like them!

Yes and No.....mostly yes in that I intended it to be lighter ... a bit ghost-like.
and this is exactly why I don't normally show/reveal my reference photos.
I like that -- 'ghost-like' - almost like his image burned into a wall from a blast - a shadow of the force/power that could create such destruction.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
kennyc

I should say...neither of these are sprayed/fixed. I'm letting them rest a bit in case I see any needed changes before they are set in stone.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:26 AM   #8
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Very, very nice!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #9
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Wow! Wonderful pencilwork!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:37 AM   #10
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Very, very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
Wow! Wonderful pencilwork!
Thanks!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Just -- wow!!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Just -- wow!!!
Thank you!!!

Last edited by kennyc; 08-08-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #13
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Wonderful!
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:45 PM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggleWife View Post
Wonderful!
Thank you!
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #15
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Totally awesome.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote