Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which device do you spend the most time with?
Smartphone 22 21.15%
Laptop 13 12.50%
Desktop computer 24 23.08%
Gaming console 0 0%
Tablet 20 19.23%
Dedicated e-reader 22 21.15%
TV 1 0.96%
Radio 1 0.96%
Others: please mention 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #16
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I also assumed which one I use the most. Close between the laptop and the dedicated ereader but I spend more time reading on the ereader than surfing the web on the laptop.

My smartphone resides in my purse but I only turn it on if I need to, it's not left on all the time since I refuse to be a slave to a phone.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:24 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Other. I'd say I spend about equal times on about all of my devices, except smartphone, that I hardly use (or you must count putting it on my desk and don't touch it but use it for a streaming music service).

I read the newspaper on my Android tablet in the morning
During the day I use my 8" windows 10 tablet off and on, maybe an hour or two max
At home, I use my 10" windows 10 tablet about an hour or two, while also playing a game on my PC.
And then when it's time for bed, depending on how tired I am, I'll read an hour or two on my e-ink reader.

Sometimes I play games on my Android tablet, sometimes I play games on my 8" windows tablet or read some magazines, sometimes I am developing a bit on my 10" windows tablet, sometimes I play games on my PC, and sometimes I can't really put my book away. In those cases that device gets used more.

The smartphone is generally lying pretty on my desk, streaming music to my bluetooth headphones or bluetooth speakers.

If I count my work PC, then that one ones head-on, as I spend about 6 hours behind that one...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #18
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
As a photographer, I spend most of my day on a desktop editing, managing, and writing about photography. When I read, it's on an Android tablet.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:21 PM   #19
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
1. My PC
2. My Smartphone
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:48 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Smartphone. But mine has a secondary E-Ink screen that I read on.

(Oh, I assumed by 'most time' the poll meant most reading time.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

I assumed leisure time, as reading on a TV or Gaming Console seems unlikely.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #22
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I chose desktop. It's what I spend the most time on full stop. But that includes anything including work.

I also use my smartphone a lot and my ereader a lot. If the poll were multiple choice I would've chosen all three. If the poll specified reading (books) only, then hands down my ereader by a mile.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 AM   #23
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I assumed reading, so I selected tablet. As a programmer, I spend the most time on a computer, but that's work, not reading.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #24
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I assumed reading
I assumed doing anything because otherwise why include gaming console, tv and radio as options?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:22 PM   #25
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I assumed doing anything because otherwise why include gaming console, tv and radio as options?
You don't read on your gaming console or radio?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #26
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I'm a neanderthal: I don't possess a smart phone!! My mobile is an ancient pay as you go phone which can only send texts and make phone calls. It can't even take or receive pictures; the only way it could once get onto the internet was by a very expensive WAP system.
The reason for such an antiquated device: I prefer long chats on my landline and think it's rude to keep checking your phone while in company.

So my answer to the question: laptop.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The smartphone I use most isn't used as phone. It's not connected to any carrier.

Smartphones make great phablets. My crappy phone I got free is a smartphone but I only use it for calls and texts. It's junk otherwise. My Moto E is my favorite phone but it's Verizon and I have AT&T.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:23 PM   #28
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The smartphone I use most isn't used as phone. It's not connected to any carrier.

Smartphones make great phablets. My crappy phone I got free is a smartphone but I only use it for calls and texts. It's junk otherwise. My Moto E is my favorite phone but it's Verizon and I have AT&T.

Sent from my XT1528
Maybe you can help me. How do you read some sites on your phone? This one for example.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #29
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I'm a neanderthal: I don't possess a smart phone!! My mobile is an ancient pay as you go phone which can only send texts and make phone calls. It can't even take or receive pictures; the only way it could once get onto the internet was by a very expensive WAP system.
The reason for such an antiquated device: I prefer long chats on my landline and think it's rude to keep checking your phone while in company.

So my answer to the question: laptop.
I've had pay as you go through T-Mobile for years, but about 5 years ago, I purchased a used Note 2 from Amazon and went into T-Mobile and had them move everything over to the Note. This has been my smartphone ever since.

I basically use it as my ereader/music player. The only time it comes out of airplane mode is when I need to make a phone call.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #30
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I assumed the poll was about recreational use as opposed to work - I use a desktop all day at work but I selected dedicated ereader in the poll because that's what I spend the most time using at home.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote