Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 02:29 AM   #1
lpetrov
lpetrov began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350sc
PRS-350 with PRS+and cyrillic issue

Hi all,

I have PRS-350 and some time ago I installed PRS+ ver.2.0.18. Everything worked well (I particularly used the cyrillic support).

Recently the reader started slowing down. As I had a lot of books uploaded, I decided to wipe everything out (Format Internal Memory) and load only the books I need (fairy tales to read to my kids, in cyrillic). I was quite surprised that after the Format Internal Memory and reloading the same EPUB files with the cyrillic text (from Calibre library), now I cannot see the contents in cyrillic - I see question marks instead. I am sure I was able to view these books before in cyrillic.

I decided to upgrade PRS+ to 2.1.02alpha (did it successfully), but still see the question marks - the upgrade did not help too.

Any thoughts about what could be wrong and how to correct it?
lpetrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It's been a long time since I used PRS+. Are the books created with the Cyrillic font included inside the eBook? Could it be you need to add a copy of the Cyrillic font to your PRS-350 in a fonts folder somewhere, so your books can find it? And you might have to ensure you have all versions (regular, bold, italic, bold italic, etc).
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
lpetrov
lpetrov began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350sc
Thanks for the reply!

Actually I figured it out. It turns out that I need to have the setting

"Settings" -> "PRS+ Settings" -> "Book Viewer" -> "User EPUB Style (CSS File) "

set to

"FontsAsInLRF.css"

and now I am able to read Cyrillic fonts in my EPUB ebooks.

Previously this was set to "Disabled". Unfortunately I don't actually know what this setting does (will do some research later when I get some free time), but wanted to post this here in case somebody else has the same problem.

--Lubo
lpetrov is offline   Reply With Quote