Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Latest BD update crashes

Has anyone had any luck running the 5/30/07 BD update?

I'm been happily using the 4/30/07 version for many months without problems. I thought I'd try the later version and unzipped it into the BD folder, overwriting what was there before. BD successfully starts up, but whenever I try to load a book it crashes.

Fortunately I made a backup, and have gone back to using the 4/30 version.

Any ideas what the problem might be?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sometimes BD 05/30/2007 does crash on loading in a new book. I've found that sometimes you have to run BD and then load the book from the file menu. It's not perfect, but it does seem to work once you get the book loaded. Of course, I may have found a bug in it's LIT handling. I think it may lose line spaces. I'm going to play around with the older version and see what's what once I am back home. If so, I'll file the bug with vvv.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I'll stick to using the 4/30 version for the moment, at least. I tried loading three books with the 5/30 version - a LIT file, RTF file, and HTML. Everyone crashed. I gave up after that, I'm afraid .
Old 07-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I should do is post the 04/30/07 version as well in case anyone has problems with the new one.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Or, you could just point them to the Wiki article on Book Designer....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I feel like the odd man out because I had problems with the 4/30 version and no problems with the 5/30 version.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #7
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
does anyone have probs loading a book cover with bd 5.0 mine just goes blank when i load a cover

i have vista now and have had to install it into my e drive cos it didnt work on my c drive but now i cant load pictures at all

anyone got any advice

its fine with just bd 4.0 but i need the reader add-on and when i install that thats when i lose the ability to add pictures
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

ok, who has this 04/30/2007 update? All I have is 05/30/2007 and 03/29/2007 as the two latest.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't find a 4/30 release when I was putting the Book Designer wiki page together, so if somebody has the link, please add it to that page as well, so we'll have a more complete list.

(that goes for any other links that anyone has -- if you're nervous about editing the thing feel free to post the links here or send them to me in a PM and I'll gladly add them myself )
Old 07-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

NatCh can you grab the 03/29/07 version I posted and add it to the wiki please?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:01 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist

The ones I've listed there are actually links back to the original files on the-ebook.org's forum -- I was trying to link back to the original source, you see. I haven't had any success in linking to MR post attachments directly, since they have funky URLs, owing to php functions. Is there a way to attach the file directly onto the Wiki page? I'm still figuring a lot of this wiki stuff out.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ah, nevermind, I think I found the answer to my question.

I'll see to it, JSWolf. (unless it doesn't work the way I think it does)
Old 07-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
The ones I've listed there are actually links back to the original files on the-ebook.org's forum -- I was trying to link back to the original source, you see. I haven't had any success in linking to MR post attachments directly, since they have funky URLs, owing to php functions. Is there a way to attach the file directly onto the Wiki page? I'm still figuring a lot of this wiki stuff out.
I just copied the URL and put it in the Wiki. It actually works. I do need to register there.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I didn't find a 4/30 release when I was putting the Book Designer wiki page together, so if somebody has the link, please add it to that page as well, so we'll have a more complete list.

(that goes for any other links that anyone has -- if you're nervous about editing the thing feel free to post the links here or send them to me in a PM and I'll gladly add them myself )
Sorry, my mistake. The version I'm using is 4/12, not 4/30. Apologies for the confusion.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thanks.. I do have that one.