Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 12:56 PM   #136
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
@Sir Alex: where do I find the grafics/pics/buttons please on the Kindle. Some are still english, like update process screen, restart screen etc. Would like to translate them as well.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #137
jendos
jendos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Good news, some sellers contributed to me Kindle 4. So I will start to translate it to other languages
For first step, I will extract root file system (via Serial console) and start to analyze how Amazon support multilanguage in K4.
This is very good, if you find out how tu localize Kindle 4 please let us know :-) I guess it might be easier, will it be possible just to replace files one of the supported language?

Last edited by jendos; 11-26-2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: gramatical mistake
jendos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #138
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

@Sir Alex: could you make the buttons/pics from K4 available. Would replace the translated ones in the loc-de with those. Would make 3 and 4 even more similar.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #139
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Sorry, I'm paused development of K4 localization until Jailbreak arrived.
P.S. There is no problem to add new language in K4. Hack (when I release it) will work in same way as K3 with small differences.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #140
diba
Addict

@SirAlex:
Is the k3Translator.jar of K4 compatibel with the K3 one, can the K4 one replace the K3 one?
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #141
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
@SirAlex:
Is the k3Translator.jar of K4 compatibel with the K3 one, can the K4 one replace the K3 one?
Hi, it's not verified with K3! To support K4, I'm change some stuff in it, but in generally it must work well. Try and report there, please.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #142
cassiopea
cassiopea began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
I would love to localize the K3 in italian. Thank's
cassiopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #143
jupiter_nguyen
jupiter_nguyen began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloaguirre78 View Post
Thanks for such a prompt reply!
I'm afraid I tried your suggestion, but I got the same error (I installed and used OpenSSL v1.0.0e from http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html).

The only mod of kindle_update_tool.py file I did was:
Line 32 -> BASE_CMD = "c:\\OpenSSL-Win32\\bin\\openssl.exe dgst -sha256 "
and since I got the same error (and not something like 'file not found') I guess the openssl replacement did work.

Any chance you plan to release the binaries for loc_es as you did for loc_ru? I hate to ask people to do stuff I can do by myself, but in this case it seems I can't

Thank you again!

Best,
Pablo
@SirAlex: I have a same problem with Pablo. How can i fix it?

Thank you very much.
jupiter_nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #144
MuzzaHukka
MuzzaHukka
MuzzaHukka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain King View Post
Hi,
Please check your PM.
Tks
Please send me files in Plain Text as well, I can do Arabic translation but need Arabic fonts. Thanks!
MuzzaHukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:55 AM   #145
Atlantius
Atlantius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 SO
I need Bulgarian localization for 3.3 . If someone has already done it please tell me. If i have to translate something, tell me what
Atlantius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:40 AM   #146
diba
Addict

For the ones who want to have it easy, german localisation for the K3 and DX (most things work on DX as well).
I did this translation last year and updated up till version 3.3, including google.de and other small adaptions. Last update I made sometime around march 2012. I made this available before only somewhere else, only up till 0.7 on SirAlex google site.

Have fun!

UPDATE: V 0.93, the " : " was missing in the SYM

UPDATE: V 0.93, just again uploaded, forgot to update the version number in the translation during last change, so now 0.93 instead of the 0.92 in the files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_loc_de_0.93.zip (4.38 MB, 384 views)

Last edited by diba; 08-23-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:48 AM   #147
diba
Addict

deleted

Last edited by diba; 08-10-2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: double post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #148
Nysandra
Nysandra began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
I have a problem with k3-loc (http://code.google.com/p/k3-loc/) while creating localization, when i press on "make.bak", installation file appears, but when i sending the file on my kindle, nothing changes, i tried to update him, but update button simply doesn't allows you to press it.

ME, MY DEAREST FRIENDS!!!
Nysandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #149
Nysandra
Nysandra began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Nysandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #150
diba
Addict

updated the file in post 146

Tags
localization