Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I took the opportunity to whip it out today!

I've bemoaned the fact that no one seems to notice or ask questions about my sony on this board before. well, today, I was talking with someone who was mentioning his love of books, so......

I grabbed my purse and whipped my sony right out! I showed off all my best features, impressed him with the size
of my storage, and basically knocked his socks off.

I think he's planning to buy one. He had only seen a kindle before, but I think I have him sold on the sony (library books, baby)

I can't wait for the next time I get to strut my stuff!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 AM   #2
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
YEAH!!! You have inspired me to cruise on over to Borders this weekend and do some reading! And hopefully attract some attention in the process.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
That's awesome! I've gotten at least two people to buy 505's that I know of. I've got two more that aren't quite sold on the idea yet, but they look at mine like a hungry dog eyes a T-bone.

I don't mind showing people mine out in the wild. I notice stares, but I think a lot of people don't want to bother me because I'm reading. I like kelly1010's idea of trolling at Borders. Or would it be chumming?
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Oh MY!

(fans herself rapidly..........)

You had me really scared there...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oh MY!

(fans herself rapidly..........)

You had me really scared there...........
scared? Or.... excited? Or amazed? Didn't know I had something to whip out, didja?
Old 05-24-2009, 01:40 AM   #6
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
pfft!

That's great news GraceKrispy! I love to show off my reader -- my mission is to convert all my friends and acquaintances to ebook readers.

Have fun on your weekend trip -- hope you get to whip it out and show it off again.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
FolkGuitar
FolkGuitar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Will Sony soon send out young boys and girls wearing white shirts and ties, name tags, riding bicycles (with helmets on, of course) going door to door telling people about their reader?

I'm in favor of small groups standing on street corners, with tambourines singing praise of the Sony e-book reader...
"Sony reader, Sony reader, reader, reader, Sony, Sony."

Not intending to disparage either group. I think their methods are very effective and their intent of good purpose. I much prefer them to TV advertisement.
FolkGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I think that would be very effective!

I found out about ebook readers when my parents were visiting me with their Kindles and I fell in love with the idea. And after a lot of research here at MR, I ended up with a 505. Word of mouth works.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:55 AM   #9
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Yeah I was going to get a Kindle, until a friend told me all about her 505! I HAD to have one...
Old 05-25-2009, 04:51 AM   #10
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I pretty much just stumbled upon e-books and readers. I had never heard anything about them until I saw an advertisement for the Kindle and thought that would be a great alternative to purchasing English language books here in Japan. Upon further research I decided that the Sony 505 would be better suited to my needs and ordered one. Best move I've made since I proposed to my wife!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolkGuitar View Post
Will Sony soon send out young boys and girls wearing white shirts and ties, name tags, riding bicycles (with helmets on, of course) going door to door telling people about their reader?

I'm in favor of small groups standing on street corners, with tambourines singing praise of the Sony e-book reader...
"Sony reader, Sony reader, reader, reader, Sony, Sony."

Not intending to disparage either group. I think their methods are very effective and their intent of good purpose. I much prefer them to TV advertisement.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
pfft!

That's great news GraceKrispy! I love to show off my reader -- my mission is to convert all my friends and acquaintances to ebook readers.

Have fun on your weekend trip -- hope you get to whip it out and show it off again.
I did! I whipped it out again just today. To be fair, I gave some time to explaining the kindle as well, but I made it clear why I prefer the sony. I think I got another guy convinced now. He said he was thinking of getting his wife one, but after talking with him, I think he said he'd get himself one and his wife can get one for herself too

If you had asked me before I got this, I was remotely interested in a kindle (not entirely convinced I'd want to read anything but a pbook though), but once I was given this and did some research... I gotta say, my husband is one smart cookie. There is no ereader out there even now that I'd prefer.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #13
kelly1010
Book Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post

If you had asked me before I got this, I was remotely interested in a kindle (not entirely convinced I'd want to read anything but a pbook though), but once I was given this and did some research... I gotta say, my husband is one smart cookie. There is no ereader out there even now that I'd prefer.
I feel the same way! I felt really locked down by the Kindle.