Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Librie, eReader, Kobo Glo
Auto download and merging of web novels chapters into one epub : any software ?

The title says it all. I've recently been reading quite a lot of web novel, and of course I can always keep opening each chapter's page by hand, copy paste it in a single file I'll then convert to an epub with Calibre.

But that process is tedious. Especially with web novels with a number of chapters well above 50 or more. So I'm hoping somebody knows of any software that only needs to be fed a ToC page to do all this automatically (whatever file format it ends up as, I can always convert it afterwards)

By the way, I found that one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels...ls_to_epubpdf/
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me (it might be because I use linux and I tried running it with wine)

Anyone?
Trenien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you checked out [GUI Plugin] FanFicFare?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:24 AM   #3
Trenien
Groupie
Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Trenien could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Well, after taking a look, it appears that while impressive, this plugin isn't what I'm looking for: it only works with sites it has been set up for, and doing so appears definitely not trivial.

Unfortunately a far cry from the idea of feeding the html address of a ToC page and getting a single file with all the chapters in it.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The people behind that plugin are quite open to coding and adding new sites.

You could also look at some of the browser plugins that aid in creating ePubs from web pages. See dotEPUB and GrabMyBooks for instance.

https://dotepub.com/
http://www.grabmybooks.com/
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
Trenien
Groupie

The Grabmybook extension is exactly it!

Thanks.

For anyone interested, you need to go to the ToC page of whatever you want to get, select the appropriate links and in the right click contextual menu choose the "grab the selected links" option. From then it's fairly straightforward.