Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Not that it actually matters, but I'm pretty sure it was in the "regular" club, not Literary.

I usually don't keep up with the Literary, but I did read Remains of the Day and enjoyed it thoroughly, so even if I had followed the Literary club more there's a good chance it would have been my favourite read from it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Tender Is the Night was the February 2012, Romance selection for the MobileRead Book Club (a.k.a. "Regular").
oops, so it looks like I could keep up with the regular book club after all
Thanks, and of course, Merry Christmas!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have only dipped in and out when I had time, but I really enjoyed "A Thousand Miles up the Nile" in the regular Club, and in the Literary Club, I can't choose between "Middlemarch" and "Mansfield Park".

The discussions for each of these books really enhanced the experience of reading them, so thank you to all the members. I hope I can participate more regularly in 2013, though I do still have a frightening heap of TBR books, both paper and electronic!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I don't read very many of the main book club selections, but I especially enjoyed Shutter Island. For the Literary Club, I think that Middlemarch was my favorite, although I really benefited personally from the discussions of The Remains of the Day and also Mansfield Park.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote