Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Dasung Paperlike PRO E-ink Monitor

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZX6AfnwBo0
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Im interested but all Onyx needs to do is put some buttons for different resfresh rates/shades on their upcoming model and dasung will be completely obsolete. Nobody is paying 1000 dollars for a monitor when you can get a monitor and an E reader in one for the same price. That's to say if they really doadd those buttons (or find another way to make it run faster).
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Well, this looks like eink gets much, much faster response times. Which is great news...
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
dbundy
dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Im interested but all Onyx needs to do is put some buttons for different resfresh rates/shades on their upcoming model and dasung will be completely obsolete. Nobody is paying 1000 dollars for a monitor when you can get a monitor and an E reader in one for the same price. That's to say if they really doadd those buttons (or find another way to make it run faster).
I agree totally.
I did the mistake to pay 1000 dollars and I kept only regrets.
Besides, the Dasung client service is bad. Definitively, the Dasung Paperlike PRO E-ink Monitor is not worth such a price !
Probably the half.

If you are interested you can read :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...92#post3709992
dbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:14 PM   #5
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbundy View Post
I agree totally.
I did the mistake to pay 1000 dollars and I kept only regrets.
Besides, the Dasung client service is bad. Definitively, the Dasung Paperlike PRO E-ink Monitor is not worth such a price !
Probably the half.

If you are interested you can read :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...92#post3709992
I now have an iron clad rule of never buying on the spur of the moment or at the introduction of a new product no matter how good it seems.

Am I really that smart? Well, I am, after some big mistakes I made by doing the very opposite. I won't embarrass myself by giving examples, but it occurred as young as 10 years old.

I can't restore your $1000, but have a Million Karma points on me.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I now have an iron clad rule of never buying on the spur of the moment or at the introduction of a new product no matter how good it seems.

Am I really that smart? Well, I am, after some big mistakes I made by doing the very opposite. I won't embarrass myself by giving examples, but it occurred as young as 10 years old.

I can't restore your $1000, but have a Million Karma points on me.
I have made some bad first gen device mistakes myself.

Will help the cause you started by adding another Million Karma.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #7
dbundy
dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dbundy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@frahse and @DuckieTigger,

Thanks for your support. It is pleasant to read
dbundy is offline   Reply With Quote