Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-31-2020, 05:43 AM   #436
Greyhunter
Greyhunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm on 5.8.1, it does not seems to be any newest version.
Greyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 05:44 AM   #437
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhunter View Post
I'm on 5.8.1, it does not seems to be any newest version.
Did you try to install the latest KePub Output plugin?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2020, 05:57 AM   #438
Greyhunter

Yes, it is this install that gives me the error message I pasted here.
Old 12-31-2020, 08:21 AM   #439
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The solution is to upgrade to the latest version of Calibre.
It is installing OK here. The error seems to be loading the translations. Do you have the calibre languages set to something other than English?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:37 PM   #440
johnKarl
johnKarl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Hey !
I installed Calibre 5.9.1 , 10 minutes ago..and pff... plugin was uninstalled.
Now, I have the same error as Greyhunter has.

Code:
'ascii' codec can't decode
davidfor : My calibre language is french, so I tried to set it to English... then no error to install the plugin, and it seems to work good.
Then I get back to French.. and pfff... plugin disappears!

Thanks
johnKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2020, 01:00 PM   #441
pikacutex
pikacutex began at the beginning.

Device: CALIBRE
Hello
Sorry I post here because I don't know how to post a message on the forum. I'm not English, so sorry for the language. I made a false manipulation with the Calibre ebook reader software. When I do full text search, my search bar hides my text. I would like to keep the text in full screen but without the search bar hiding it. I am sending you a photo to show you. This full-screen full-text search feature is absolutely essential for me ... Thank you very much in advance
Moderator Notice
removed oversize image. Please use the attachment feature on the Advanced menu. Note I would have moved it, but the board did not like the inline link

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-31-2020 at 05:53 PM.
pikacutex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 02:51 PM   #442
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikacutex View Post
Hello
Sorry I post here because I don't know how to post a message on the forum. I'm not English, so sorry for the language. I made a false manipulation with the Calibre ebook reader software. When I do full text search, my search bar hides my text. I would like to keep the text in full screen but without the search bar hiding it. I am sending you a photo to show you. This full-screen full-text search feature is absolutely essential for me ... Thank you very much in advance
Try double clicking on the search box title bar to redock it.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 07:23 PM   #443
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnKarl View Post
Hey !
I installed Calibre 5.9.1 , 10 minutes ago..and pff... plugin was uninstalled.
Now, I have the same error as Greyhunter has.

Code:
'ascii' codec can't decode
davidfor : My calibre language is french, so I tried to set it to English... then no error to install the plugin, and it seems to work good.
Then I get back to French.. and pfff... plugin disappears!
It looks like there is a problem with the French translation files. None of the others seem to be causing a problem. It look like a build error as manually compiling the French language file seems to work.

I have attached a fixed copy until @jgoguen has a chance to look at the build.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KePub Output.zip (33.8 KB, 205 views)
Old 01-01-2021, 09:25 AM   #444
johnKarl
johnKarl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It looks like there is a problem with the French translation files. None of the others seem to be causing a problem. It look like a build error as manually compiling the French language file seems to work.

I have attached a fixed copy until @jgoguen has a chance to look at the build.
I've downloaded your manually compiled/fixed dll, and installed it with success. It's OK, no error.
I made a convert from epub to kepub with success. So nice !
Thank you so much and btw, I wish you an happy new year.
johnKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:25 AM   #445
Greyhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is installing OK here. The error seems to be loading the translations. Do you have the calibre languages set to something other than English?
As johnKarl I use calibre in French.

Davidfor, thanks a lot for the fix, I will try it when I will be back home.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #446
Greyhunter

Thanks a lot Davidfor, your fix seems to be working.

By the way, for other francophonic users, I realised that I also had the same problem with Kobo Touch Extended that got an update at the same time as KePub output. I posted in the appropriate topic.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...34#post4076334

Thanks again, happy new year and all the best for 2021!
Old 01-01-2021, 10:07 PM   #447
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhunter View Post
Thanks a lot Davidfor, your fix seems to be working.

By the way, for other francophonic users, I realised that I also had the same problem with Kobo Touch Extended that got an update at the same time as KePub output. I posted in the appropriate topic.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...34#post4076334
I noticed that it was broken later as I forgot to change my language back to English.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #448
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Version 3.4.3 has been uploaded which resolves the issue. I'm not sure if I should be grumpy about Windows or about Python, but this only happened on Windows systems.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:23 PM   #449
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Version 3.4.3 has been uploaded which resolves the issue. I'm not sure if I should be grumpy about Windows or about Python, but this only happened on Windows systems.

EDIT : Problem fixed with 3.4.3. Thanks.

In Calibre, it's still version 3.4.2

I'm a French user. I'm on MacOS (M1 chip)

KePub OutOut does not seem to install. This is the error message (in French, sorry.)

calibre, version 5.8.1
ERREUR : L’installation de l’extension a échoué: Un problème est survenu lors de l’installation de cette extension. Cette extension va être maintenant désinstallée. Veuillez svp bien vouloir poster le message d’erreur détaillé ci-dessous dans la discussion du forum relative à cette extension et redémarrer calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
File "importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.__init__", line 9, in <module>
from calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.kepub_output import KEPubOutput
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.conversion.kepub_output" , line 21, in <module>
from calibre_plugins.kepubout.container import KEPubContainer
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.container", line 49, in <module>
load_translations()
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 119, in load_translations
File "gettext.py", line 261, in __init__
File "gettext.py", line 456, in _parse
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

The same with KoboTouch Extended.

calibre, version 5.8.1
ERREUR : L’installation de l’extension a échoué: Un problème est survenu lors de l’installation de cette extension. Cette extension va être maintenant désinstallée. Veuillez svp bien vouloir poster le message d’erreur détaillé ci-dessous dans la discussion du forum relative à cette extension et redémarrer calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
File "importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 9, in <module>
from calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver import KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 25, in <module>
from calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container import KEPubContainer
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container" , line 49, in <module>
load_translations()
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 119, in load_translations
File "gettext.py", line 261, in __init__
File "gettext.py", line 456, in _parse
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)

Last edited by deleted2; 01-05-2021 at 08:54 PM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:36 PM   #450
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
For anyone who missed the other thread, calibre checks for plugins every hour at half past the hour. Plugins uploaded to MobileRead are indexed by a server process Kovid has going, which is what calibre uses to determine what plugins and versions are available.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote