Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
masa
masa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Asian 2 Byte Language Support?

Does eReader gonna work properly with txt and rtf files written on Asian languages other than English ?( Especially Japanese, Korean, Chinese )
I wanna see Japanese novels and Korean news page.
masa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The asian character sets are not supported, but there are some folks here working on a "hack" that seems to be making good progress.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, embedded fonts in pdf files should work. But it needs to be formatted for the Sony Reader screen size. Most regular pdfs turn out to be too small to be useful.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
masa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell
Also, embedded fonts in pdf files should work. But it needs to be formatted for the Sony Reader screen size. Most regular pdfs turn out to be too small to be useful.
I made embedded pdf files... but they are tooooo slow.
I really want somebody hack it and insert unifont.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Have a look at this thread, masa. It's a long thread but igorsk has figured out how to do this, and details are in there.

It's still in the 'brutal hack' stage, but I'm hoping a more user-friendly version will emerge before long.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Is that real Chinese, Masa? It looks odd to me, not that I would really know. (I've only really looked at Chinese characters once because I was trying to translate some Japanese in college for a while.) Maybe Korean? Or some alternate Chinese writing?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
masa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Have a look at this thread, masa. It's a long thread but igorsk has figured out how to do this, and details are in there.

It's still in the 'brutal hack' stage, but I'm hoping a more user-friendly version will emerge before long.
I cannot understand those postings.
I hope somebody makes easy guide of the road to the hacker.

Bob// It's a Korean. Because I'm Korean.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by masa
I hope somebody makes easy guide of the road to the hacker.
I'm hoping for an EXE file that lets me pick my font and does the heavy lifting for me.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #9
masa

I can't do that.
If hackers see this message, please make an easy install guide.
I really don't know about Linux.