Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Fire OS 7.3.1.7

The Home Screen has been simplified: there’s just For You, Home, and Library now. Library can be customized so you can re-order or hide categories you don’t want to see (for me, that means hiding Apps and Games).

Also, there is no longer a separate Docs panel (at least if you leave Show Personal Documents in Library app setting on); they show up along with everything else, with a DOCS filter (just as with Kindle, iOS, Android apps).

I think it is an improvement, there were way too many screens before.

Last edited by tomsem; 12-24-2020 at 12:24 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:54 PM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I thought I would dislike this change, but now that I've used it for a bit, I agree that it's an improvement.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Are you talking about the FIRE Tablet OR the Kindle Readers? My Fire 10 Nor my Kindle PW 4 have updated for Months!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:24 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Are you talking about the FIRE Tablet OR the Kindle Readers? My Fire 10 Nor my Kindle PW 4 have updated for Months!
The Fire tablets. I haven't checked my 10 but my 8+ got the update about a week ago.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
tekeek
tekeek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle HDX
I made a post of this back in Nov 16 on amazonforum.com site. I find it interesting time difference it can take one user to get the updates versus the other. Mine updated in Nov and my wife (has the same model as I) finally updated this month.

Below is the link if anyone care's to read, I include pictures of the notification windows. It is slowly growing on me. I still prefer the older view, especially how each section had its on page. My biggest peeve is there is never any notifications of upcoming changes/features.

Amazon made some improvements! A simplified three-page layout. Anyone else like it?
tekeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2021, 01:40 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The Series Grouping feature has appeared for the Fire’s Kindle app. Version I have is 14.37.100.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:50 PM   #7
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The Series Grouping feature has appeared for the Fire’s Kindle app. Version I have is 14.37.100.
Thanks, thats good to hear
Did you need to do anything to enable it or did it just appear?

I am on the same version but no Series Grouping showing up
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:57 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I had some issues with this update (Fire HD10) where the simplified categories weren't appearing and old books/magazines kept appearing on the Home screen. Attempts to hide them resulted in a notification that Kindle was "Managing your content" being stuck. It couldn't be dismissed without restarting the device. Which resulted in the previously hidden books/magazines being placed on the Home screen again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Long story short: I had to tap to download the books/magazines in question to the device and then long-press and choose "Remove from device" to get them to disappear without prompting the stuck notification. Once all problematic titles were downloaded/deleted, the simplified categories presented themselves and everything began working as it was intended.

I post this case others encounter the eternal "Managing your content" notification and/or titles that refuse to stay hidden on the Home screen.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-03-2021 at 06:59 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote