Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #16
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Wait. Your finger doesn't work on the screen normally? Did you mention that?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #17
faina
faina began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox nova 2
it does work

Now i restarted the device and it shows coordinated when I use the finger and also when I dont touch the screen =\ and the devices started to just started going crazy

Restarted it again and it reactes less to the finger and doesnt show coordinated either

I start to think that there is no other option exept buing a new one
faina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:37 PM   #18
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A waranty repair is out of the question? I'd ask Onyx what a fix would cost.

You have a few options. You can defeat the finger touch screeen. You'd only have stylus.
You can do that in software or hardware. In some ways, the hardware option is easier.
You'd have to open your device and simply unplug the capacitive touch screen sensor.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #19
faina

The warrenty of cource ended a month before all this started
and to repalce the screen costs more then half a price of a new device.(the Nova Air, since I saw the reviews for nova 3 color are not so good)

How can I remove the finger touch with the software option? dont want to open it.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:41 PM   #20
Renate
Wizard

Ok, but it's not going to work unless you're rooted already. Are you?
First figure out which driver is being used.
I'm partial to using my i2cscan (which will only work if you're rooted).
Code:
# /data/local/tmp/i2cscan
/dev/i2c-2
  60  exists
/dev/i2c-4
  1f          qcom,camera  i2c_camera
  38  exists  focaltech  fts_ts  FocalTech touch screen controller
/dev/i2c-6
  09          wacom  Wacom digitizer
  38  exists  lm3630a  lm3630a_bl  TI LED controller
/dev/i2c-8
  0b  exists  tc358762  tc358762  Toshiba display interface bridge
  68          tps6518x  tps6518x  TI Eink power management
# cd /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/fts_ts
# echo 4-0038 >unbind
Of course you'll have to do this every time you do a full reboot.
I just did this to my Poke3 and it kills the touch. No problem.
Code:
# cd /sys/bus/i2c/drivers/fts_ts
# echo 4-0038 >bind
Old 11-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #21
faina

Too complecated for me

Probably buy a new one

Thank you for all your help!
Old 11-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #22
Renate
Wizard

Aw, that's an expensive thing to be sidelined just for that.
How much do you want for it? PM me.