Notices

Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
AceHarddrive
Enthusiast
AceHarddrive began at the beginning.

Device: Tapwave Zodiac 2
Wink Books in HTML/Plucker format?

Hey y'all!

I've been looking around for my fav. books in either HTML or Plucker format and can't seem to find them. These include (list will likely be updated later):

Looking For:

Finity by John Barnes
Nimisha's Ship by Anne McCaffrey
Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Found:
Esmay Suiza/Heris Serrano series by Elizabeth Moon
Bardic Voices series by Mercedes Lackey

Thanks everyone!
~Tim ^_^
AceHarddrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Do you really have to use huge Comic Sans? That doesn't make your messages more readable.
That aside, there are plenty of shops selling at least some of the abovementioned books in .lit (Microsoft Reader) format, which can easily converted into HTML. Just google for "<name> microsoft reader".
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
AceHarddrive
Enthusiast

Cool

Thanks for the info, igorsk! I didn't know Microsoft Reader docs could be converted into HTML (other than copy/paste).
Sorry about the larger font. I usually use Comic Sans in all my postings (in all forums), and usually at size 3. There are some people who might find it a bit more easy to read. Of course, they could always use View>Text Size>Increase (Firefox) or Ctrl + Plus key. I've never had any complaints before. Is it the font itself or the size?

~Tim
^_^
Old 12-16-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHarddrive
[
Found:
Esmay Suiza/Heris Serrano series by Elizabeth Moon

Thanks everyone!
~Tim ^_^
[
Hey Ace, where'd you find the Elizabeth moon books. She's one of my favorite authors & I have many in pbook format but been looking for ebook format. I prefer RTF but can change most formats except protected Mobipocket.
Thanks
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
AceHarddrive
Enthusiast

Cool

Hey slayda!

You can find them at Webscription.net:

"Heris Serrano"
"Once a Hero"
"Rules of Engagement"
"Change of Command"
"Against the Odds"

among others.

They are available either separately for $4.00 USD each or compiled into a "WebScription":
December 1999 WebScription: "Once a Hero," "Rules of Engagement," "Change of Command" and "Minds Machines and Evolution" by James P. Hogan = $10.00 USD

There are other webscriptions with one or two of the above.

Enjoy!
~Tim
Advert