Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
Khai
Enthusiast
Khai began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Heads up: $50 Gift Card w/ a nook purchase

Heads up to all the peeps who've been lurking around waiting for a good opportunity to grab a nook.

Barnes & Noble is offering a $50 eBook gift card with every purchase of the nook (limited time/while stocks lasts), according to their website. The catch is that you have to buy it in-store, physically. No luck for the international peeps

Click through the link to the offer page!!
Khai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
i don't want to buy another nook.....
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
Khai
Enthusiast

same.. I want the gift card but I don't want to buy another nook
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #4
CDolan22
CDolan22 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
If you bought the nook recently, call customer service and ask them for the gift card. I called and asked and its being sent to my house, should be here tomorrow. I was within 30 days of purchase at the time I called and was going to tell them that I would just simply go and return the one I have now and purchase another and get the gift card, but they said yes right away. Pretty good customer service
CDolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:35 AM   #5
milan
milan began at the beginning.

Device: none
So if I buy Nook it in store it is possible to redeem the gift certificate for a cover?
milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #6
droople
Connoisseur
droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.droople has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook,Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolan22 View Post
If you bought the nook recently, call customer service and ask them for the gift card. I called and asked and its being sent to my house, should be here tomorrow. I was within 30 days of purchase at the time I called and was going to tell them that I would just simply go and return the one I have now and purchase another and get the gift card, but they said yes right away. Pretty good customer service
pretty cool. But I bought my Nook in Mar, and I'm in Australia .
droople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan View Post
So if I buy Nook it in store it is possible to redeem the gift certificate for a cover?
Yes. Just buy the nook get the gift card and then buy the cover with it. The gift card is activated immediately.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
orb9220
orb9220 began at the beginning.

Yep just picked mine up with the $50 card and bought the cheap silicon frame case and was activated right at the register. Got home started an account and the balance was there for me to use online for books and such.
orb9220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
philburkhardt
philburkhardt began at the beginning.

All 3 people in my household bought nooks over the weekend. $50 for each of us!

FYI: If you are buying more than one nook, they have to ring them up separately to give you a gift card for each one.
philburkhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:22 PM   #10
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
All 3 people in my household bought nooks over the weekend. $50 for each of us!

FYI: If you are buying more than one nook, they have to ring them up separately to give you a gift card for each one.
That's cool, now you can all share books and have BN outings,
My sister and I got one for my Father for Father's Day. Its fun to share with everyone.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
Rowen
Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I just got my Nook and the Gift Card. I really wish one would open up closer to where I live though. As it stands its an hours drive just to get to the closest one.
Rowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #12
icedragon
icedragon began at the beginning.

We bought our nooks in March or April (I forget when exactly), so we missed out on the $50 gift card. Bummer.
icedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
I did a BIN on eBay over the weekend for a crazy low price. The seller offered a nook, with the $50 gift card. Even more bizarre, when it arrived, the nook was still sealed in the box, and the gift card hadn't been activated.

I don't know why they didn't just return it rather than sell it, but now I'm the owner/tester of a spiffy new nook.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Khai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon View Post
We bought our nooks in March or April (I forget when exactly), so we missed out on the $50 gift card. Bummer.
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular
I did a BIN on eBay over the weekend for a crazy low price. The seller offered a nook, with the $50 gift card. Even more bizarre, when it arrived, the nook was still sealed in the box, and the gift card hadn't been activated.
Out of interest, how much was the "crazy low price"?