Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
calicocal
calicocal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
.pdf to .mobi problems

I am trying to convert some pdf files to mobi to put them on my kindle. It works very well except that whenever there is a double l, such as in billy, it takes out the second l and replaces it with a space. Anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks
calicocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocal View Post
I am trying to convert some pdf files to mobi to put them on my kindle. It works very well except that whenever there is a double l, such as in billy, it takes out the second l and replaces it with a space. Anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks
I've seen the same problem, it doesn't seem to happen with all PDFs, or with all double l's. Haven't figured out what's going on.

I turned on the calibre debug folders (one of the conversion options) and with a 'problem' PDF, the double-"l"s are gone immediately (in the 'staging' HTML). So it affects any conversion, not just to MOBI.

I loaded the same PDF into Acrobat and exported as HTML. The double l's are all there as far as I can tell. So it looks like some calibre bug. I'll see if I can narrow it down some more.

You might also try using the Amazon conversion service ('<yourkindleid>@free.amazon.com'). I did this with my 'problem' file and it converted properly.

Last edited by tomsem; 03-12-2010 at 01:34 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert