Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
ebook reader rage !

Anyone got any stories to share on ebook reader rage?

Last night hubby got into bed, thoughtlessly flinging the covers back as he did so, sending my sony reader and my ipod touch flying to the floor. Both had carefully been placed in the middle of the bed and how he didn't see them there, especially as the reader is pretty big, I'll never know.

Needless to say I was furious and we had a massive row over his carelessness. Luckily both devices are fine - but if they hadn't been, grrr

I was surprised at how cross I got but I must be more attached to these devices than I realised.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Anyone got any stories to share on ebook reader rage?

Last night hubby got into bed, thoughtlessly flinging the covers back as he did so, sending my sony reader and my ipod touch flying to the floor. Both had carefully been placed in the middle of the bed and how he didn't see them there, especially as the reader is pretty big, I'll never know.

Needless to say I was furious and we had a massive row over his carelessness. Luckily both devices are fine - but if they hadn't been, grrr

I was surprised at how cross I got but I must be more attached to these devices than I realised.

The exact same thing happened to me!!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't blame my wife because she wasn't even in the house. I would love to blame your husband, but that sets up an unpleasant scenario that I don't care to go into!

----Fortunatley, my Sony 505 was undamaged by my carefless "fling."

Don

Definition of Difficult Words for the Dense:
1) Fling = to throw suddenly into the air, such as an Ebook Reader.
2) Fling = to have an affair with a gendered person of one's choosing, usually involving sexual escapades and acrobatics.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I have observed "ebook reader rage" in other species as well. I'm having a continuous battle with my cats (I have 3) - sharing my lap with a Kindle DX is proving to be somewhat contentious - for them at least. I compromised by placing the DX on the arm of my reading chair, leaving the lap completely open to catly habitation. Last weekend, one of my slumbering darlings delicately stretched and whapped the DX off the chair arm - without even opening an eye! Words were flung! Loudly! A cat was threatened with flinging! Feelings were damaged! All is well now, but yes - you do get mad when your ereader is threatened!

(This is the same cat that cost me $2500 in emergency surgical fees after she decided to eat a cassette tape she dug out of an old cardboard box in the back of a closet. Sigh - I should be happy that replacing a damaged DX would cost much less!)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Dr. Drib, a gendered person as opposed to a non-gendered person? Now, I've known someone who was confused about their gender, but they were definitely gendered.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
My cat likes to sleep on top of my cell phone, then acts like it's my fault if it rings. She also insists that my chest and sides are her property in bed, and I better not put anything there, or it goes!
Love her to bits tho.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
The Siamese and I are currently having an ongoing territorial dispute over where he goes, and where my new netbook goes. Last night we compromised with him on one knee, and the netbook on the other! I don't know how long this state of detente will last though, I expect many more skirmishes!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Seems like cats are worse offenders than husbands overall!!!

I have a tabby cat but she's no problem, very respectful of my items unlike hubby. Yes if I had to choose to keep one or the other, I think the hubby would draw the short straw
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I have observed "ebook reader rage" in other species as well. I'm having a continuous battle with my cats (I have 3) - sharing my lap with a Kindle DX is proving to be somewhat contentious - for them at least. I compromised by placing the DX on the arm of my reading chair, leaving the lap completely open to catly habitation. Last weekend, one of my slumbering darlings delicately stretched and whapped the DX off the chair arm - without even opening an eye! Words were flung! Loudly! A cat was threatened with flinging! Feelings were damaged! All is well now, but yes - you do get mad when your ereader is threatened!

(This is the same cat that cost me $2500 in emergency surgical fees after she decided to eat a cassette tape she dug out of an old cardboard box in the back of a closet. Sigh - I should be happy that replacing a damaged DX would cost much less!)
kindle kitten, when a much smaller kitten would bat at the kindle constantly. she was responsible for MANY an unintended page turn, and got me in the habit of glancing at my location fairly often. she is better now... not over it, but somewhat better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare of Earth View Post
My cat likes to sleep on top of my cell phone, then acts like it's my fault if it rings. She also insists that my chest and sides are her property in bed, and I better not put anything there, or it goes!
Love her to bits tho.
kindlekitten LOATHES ringing phones and will attempt to attack them given the chance
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
I set my Sony 700 on the bed and after going to another room came back into the bedroom and saw a lot of dst on our celling fan. I grabbed a rag to wipe it down. Not being able to reach the center of the blades I stood up on the bed and procceded to step on my Sony. Screen Smashed, boy was I mad at myself.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
On Wednesday I bought a new cover for my EcoReader. There are lots of little holes in the original cover. Not only does Hlllary like to climb (hence her name) she also loves to scratch. I now have to put my EcoReader away in a bag when I'm not actually reading it.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
kindle kitten, when a much smaller kitten would bat at the kindle constantly. she was responsible for MANY an unintended page turn, and got me in the habit of glancing at my location fairly often. she is better now... not over it, but somewhat better

kindlekitten LOATHES ringing phones and will attempt to attack them given the chance
A number of years ago I got a HUGE bill from AOL (are they even still in existance?). Knowing that I was working two jobs at the time, I called them up and they told me exactly when the charges were acrued. I explained that I wasn't even home during the hours I was supposed to be online; that my Siamese cat loved to walk across the keyboard of my computer; and must have inadvertently logged on to AOL. Fortunately I had a copy of all my work time & sent them a copy. Also fortunately they backed down over that issue.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
A number of years ago I got a HUGE bill from AOL (are they even still in existance?). Knowing that I was working two jobs at the time, I called them up and they told me exactly when the charges were acrued. I explained that I wasn't even home during the hours I was supposed to be online; that my Siamese cat loved to walk across the keyboard of my computer; and must have inadvertently logged on to AOL. Fortunately I had a copy of all my work time & sent them a copy. Also fortunately they backed down over that issue.

GREAT!!! cat story!!! I have a dog park acquaintence that keeps on line nanny cams going at his house to *bust* his miniature schnauzers (he has two... brothers). when he catches them being bad, he calls the house and yells

CUT THAT OUT YOU

TWO!!!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:41 AM   #13
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
remote controls

My cat is convinced that tv remote controls under his body make for better sleeping. Why? I dunno.

Luckily he has not decided that my ereaders are good for sleeping too!

I am not terribly careful with my little EB1150, I admit to tossing it on the couch from my computer, and yes it still works.

I am much more careful with my Cool-er.

I think this proves that cats think that they rule the world (they probably do too!).

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #14
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
if that would happen, which luckily hasn't yet, i would be mad too. as in really really mad.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 AM   #15
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
mmm my staffy has been responsible for the demise of a Cybook screen through head butting said device whilst my daughter was reading it. Same staff decided my $800 lens made a good chew toy, thankfully the lens survived a little better than the cybook. If I am in bed, my e-reader is safe, if I am on the sofa reading, then she thinks it is fine to jump all over me and try to knock said device from my hand. Just as well thes creatures endear themselves to us in other ways
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote