Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Page count compared to battery use

I'm new to Sony, you know, but I don't think this has been covered. In landscape format, I got 2,036 page turns on a single notch of battery.

COOL!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
In portrait format, I'm getting about 800 page turns per notch. But I'm only reading for a few hours a day and I'm only getting that in because I'm on vacation.

It seems the more steadily you read on the 505, the greater the page turn per notch is. When I'm not on vacation, I'm lucky to get four or five hours of reading per week and consequently much lass page turns per notch.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I really attach/detach the reader to my computer too often, leave it in suspend mode, and swap too many memory sticks in and out to get an accurate reading. It lasts a good while and I am very happy with the battery life, but I have found the internal memory gauge to be, well, less than accurate.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I really attach/detach the reader to my computer too often, leave it in suspend mode, and swap too many memory sticks in and out to get an accurate reading. It lasts a good while and I am very happy with the battery life, but I have found the internal memory gauge to be, well, less than accurate.
I made an effort to not do anything but read until the battery icon changed. I'll be doing all of that stuff you talked about from now on - FUN!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote