Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #571
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just checked. Stil no transferred book in my nook UK account.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #572
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Just checked. Stil no transferred book in my nook UK account.

ditto.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #573
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
ditto
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #574
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Well, since I have still never received any email from either Fictionwise or B&N about any kind of change or consolidation, I'm just taking good care of the CD-Rs I burned.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #575
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
... I'm just taking good care of the CD-Rs I burned.
Make sure you have multiple copies and check that they're still readable every couple of years .

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #576
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Nothing for me in Nook UK either. And no responds to either of my support logs.

Guess i'll stay with Amazon then.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #577
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Do you have an update? It's been a LOT longer than 3-5 business days.
Well, I have an update and it's not pretty. I called them the day before yesterday as nothing had happened regarding my LoTR/Two Towers, and they passed it on to a Supervisor to call me back. I have not received a call. I'm stunned that they haven't fixed such a simple and apparently very common problem, but it's just more evidence that BN really has not done well with the execution of this.

(I would have called them sooner, but I had some family medical issues to deal with.)
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #578
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The US support line has taken my details, and they're being passed on to a supervisor.

I really don't understand why B&N are so keen on using voice for this process. Wouldn't it be a lot quicker and easier to have it go through a dedicated email address?
Not related to the fictionwise transfer, but, I gave up on Nook when I bought the first book with my UK account and it didn't show up - I eventually tracked it down to my US account (Opened with a .co.uk email and my UK address - pre georestrictions) and despite sending them multiple emails with screenshots and descriptions they managed to do nothing about it at all.

I was charged the US amount for the book instead of the UK so on the plus side I may try them if a book is on sale in the US and not the UK to see what happens

I eventually got this message back

"We checked your NOOK account and everything is working. For this matter then, kindly try to use a different browser and try to sign out then sign back in. Make sure to sign in using your NOOK account from www.nook.co.uk. If we still have the same problem and to better assist you, please contact our Customer Service Center via chat or phone at 0800 279 6665. We are available from 8am to 9pm, 7 days a week."

And despite sending them screenshots from firefox, IE8, Chrome and Android browser they still said everything was fine, so I classified them as totally useless and went back to ignoring them as a book seller.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #579
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Well, I have an update and it's not pretty. I called them the day before yesterday as nothing had happened regarding my LoTR/Two Towers, and they passed it on to a Supervisor to call me back. I have not received a call. I'm stunned that they haven't fixed such a simple and apparently very common problem, but it's just more evidence that BN really has not done well with the execution of this.

I have the same story, only it involves Twilight. Instead of Book 4, I have the whole omnibus. I have another book that's mis-allocated, too, but I can't remember the titles at the moment. I brought into their attention in early December, but still no change, and the person I spoke to this time had no record of the earlier call, so they don't even have a very sophisticated system for CS tracking.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #580
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Well, since I have still never received any email from either Fictionwise or B&N about any kind of change or consolidation, I'm just taking good care of the CD-Rs I burned.
I've had the email from B&N saying I've opened an account with them, and also one that I've signed to have my bookshelf transferred. But nothing about passwords and such like as mentioned in the email. (nor did I have to add credit card details I doubt I would have bought much from them, but they've lost a potential customer (although it isn't the end of the month - yet! ).
Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #581
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I've had the email from B&N saying I've opened an account with them, and also one that I've signed to have my bookshelf transferred. But nothing about passwords and such like as mentioned in the email. (nor did I have to add credit card details I doubt I would have bought much from them, but they've lost a potential customer (although it isn't the end of the month - yet! ).
Just popped into Fictionwise to see what was on offer. I can buy all the 'multiformat' books on BN (so the messages alongside each book says). However Nook.co.uk has a grand total of "We found 103 results" (where results = books !)

Do Barnes&Noble have an outlet we in the UK can use. I notice Barnesandnoble.COM has a credit card slot, one can add to accounts.

Confused .... Geographical Restrictions spring to mind.... Is this why there's a delay in transfer ....
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #582
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
It's now two weeks since I spoke to a BN person who seemed to know what he was talking about. I still haven't gotten the code he promised I would have in 3-5 days ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #583
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I am still waiting for my access code too, after responding to the opt-in email at the beginning of December.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #584
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I wonder if I'd get another code if I tried the opt-in link yet again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #585
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
The UK Nook store thinks I am in India and won't let me browse anything. They do go to extreme lengths to prevent you buying anything from them.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote