Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
dragon77
dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Touch
Clear search terms

Quick question, sorry if it's been addressed before: When you search in a book for a specific term on the Kobo Touch a list of all the terms you've searched for in any book automatically comes up. Is there a way to clear all the previously searched for terms?
dragon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon77 View Post
Quick question, sorry if it's been addressed before: When you search in a book for a specific term on the Kobo Touch a list of all the terms you've searched for in any book automatically comes up. Is there a way to clear all the previously searched for terms?
Umm.. If you mean the list that gets populated below the search term box, I think that's a listing of books and authors that fit your search. Each keypress updates that list till you narrow it down to what you were searching for. If you press the "Go" button on the lower right of the screen it will give you a result list that contains the titles that fit the 'preliminary' results that appeared as you typed.

I am not aware of any storage of search terms previous or present.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
dragon77
dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.dragon77 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

No, I'm not talking about when you search for a book or author. I mean when you have a book open already and you do a search for a term within it. Like, say you're reading "The Lord of the Rings" and you want to search the text for the word "dog". When you go to type it in there's already a list of every term you've searched for within any other book.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
dragon77

Someone must at least know what I'm talking about, right?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon77 View Post
No, I'm not talking about when you search for a book or author. I mean when you have a book open already and you do a search for a term within it. Like, say you're reading "The Lord of the Rings" and you want to search the text for the word "dog". When you go to type it in there's already a list of every term you've searched for within any other book.
I've never done that but after trying it I see what you mean.. Maybe a 'clear past in-book search terms' function can be added in settings or even in the search window somewhere as a future improvement.
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
If you want to mess with the koboereader.conf you can clear your past searches, also if you want to try it out, you can adjust the full screen refresh rate past 6 pages. I'm not home so I don't remember quite which places you have to change/delete, but it's pretty strait forward.

I set it to 12 just for fun, and it seems that the ghosting doesn't really get worse when you go past six, and you can just go back by going into advanced settings and clicking your desired page refresh rate. When you have a custom page refresh rate advanced settings will say you have selected "OH THE HUMANITY".
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
If you want to mess with the koboereader.conf you can clear your past searches, also if you want to try it out, you can adjust the full screen refresh rate past 6 pages. I'm not home so I don't remember quite which places you have to change/delete, but it's pretty strait forward.

I set it to 12 just for fun, and it seems that the ghosting doesn't really get worse when you go past six, and you can just go back by going into advanced settings and clicking your desired page refresh rate. When you have a custom page refresh rate advanced settings will say you have selected "OH THE HUMANITY".
That's good to know.. Hmm.. So if you set it say "120", the advanced settings may say "You're on your own bub."