Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Question: Creating a Folder only for Classics

The folder that contains my purchased books, called "My Folder," was created automatically by Connect, when I either first installed the software or when I ordered and dowloaded my first book.

As everyone here knows, purchased titles contain numbers and not titles. That's not very useful.

I still have about 35 free Classics that are owed me, and was wondering if I could create a folder inside the "My Books" folder and then direct the downloads into THAT folder.

My reasoning is that I want the Classics to be separate from my "regular" purchased books.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't think so, but you can rename the files once you've downloaded them. Why not just rename them all so they have sensible names? That way you'll know what they are!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think so, but you can rename the files once you've downloaded them. Why not just rename them all so they have sensible names? That way you'll know what they are!
If there's no way around this, then I guess I'll go ahead and do what you suggest. I've purchased a large (to me) number of titles already, but haven't yet changed the numbers into titles.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You don't have to keep them in that folder either, of course. Once you've downloaded them you can move them to wherever you want - I store my books in a hierachical tree of author and book names. When you want to read the book, just drag it from wherever it is onto the "Reader" icon in Connect. No need to use the "Library" at all.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I have renamed and moved all of mine also. I keep mine in a folder structure that is useful to me:
Ebooks\fiction\lastname, firstname\lastname,firstname - book title.lrf (or lrx)
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
just create a shortcut in the original folder to where you wanna put them then just drag files to them when you need
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
How did you rename the files? When I tried to rename my files from within "My Documents", the connect software couldn't find them anymore. I didn't see any way to do it from within the software.

However, I do know how to make folders. You can make them both in the connect software and on your reader. You just need to click the little plus at the lower left of the window.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by europas_ice View Post
How did you rename the files? When I tried to rename my files from within "My Documents", the connect software couldn't find them anymore. I didn't see any way to do it from within the software.

However, I do know how to make folders. You can make them both in the connect software and on your reader. You just need to click the little plus at the lower left of the window.
Simply rename the files in Windows Explorer and move them wherever you want them. When you want to read them, open "Connect" and a Windows Explorer window, navigate to the location of the file in the Windows Explorer window and drag the file from Explorer onto the "Sony Reader" icon in Connect.