Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
GiovanniGambini
GiovanniGambini began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
Exclamation H E L P ! ! ! GEB 1150

I need your help fellow ebook readers! I have purchased a new GEB1150, and as a older eReader, it does not have dialup support since Gemstar has gone out of business. I have several .IMP files that in need to load onto the reader but I cannot seem to find a way to do it. I find tools for the REB1200, but they don't seem to work for the 1150. I have even copied the files directly to the SmardMedia disc and put it in the reader and it still does not see the files.

Can someone assist me in converting this paper weight into a real eReader !
GiovanniGambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniGambini View Post
I need your help fellow ebook readers! I have purchased a new GEB1150, and as a older eReader, it does not have dialup support since Gemstar has gone out of business. I have several .IMP files that in need to load onto the reader but I cannot seem to find a way to do it. I find tools for the REB1200, but they don't seem to work for the 1150. I have even copied the files directly to the SmardMedia disc and put it in the reader and it still does not see the files.

If it's new, would it not come with the software needed to talk to the GEB1150 from the computer? Most likely Windows software if nothing else.

Anyway, I found what you need to get the USB driver for it..

http://www.ebookwise.com/servlet/mw?...Bdrivers&si=43

Good luck!

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-14-2007 at 04:16 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Try here:
http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/ebookwise1150.htm

(ain't Google wunnerful?)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

* Rich Text Format (.rtf)
* Microsoft Word (.doc)
* Plain Text (.txt)
* Rocket eBook Editions (.rb)

Looks like IMP is not supported and maybe that's why it doesn't see anything on the memory card.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
GiovanniGambini
GiovanniGambini began at the beginning.

Device: None Yet
Angry Paper Weight

Man, I must be a total retard, but I cannot get this thing to see the .IMP files. I have tried manually, and with the eBookwize Librarian. I think I may have just bought a paper weight. (ironic)
GiovanniGambini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Man, I must be a total retard, but I cannot get this thing to see the .IMP files. I have tried manually, and with the eBookwize Librarian. I think I may have just bought a paper weight. (ironic)
Did you happen to read JSWolf's post on the matter, GiovanniGambini?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
* Rich Text Format (.rtf)
* Microsoft Word (.doc)
* Plain Text (.txt)
* Rocket eBook Editions (.rb)

Looks like IMP is not supported and maybe that's why it doesn't see anything on the memory card.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I'm not too shure about this but here it goes.

IMP is a compression software like ZIP. It's a shareware you can download from here
Install it to your computer, uncompress your files to their original format and try them.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:13 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I'm not too shure about this but here it goes.

IMP is a compression software like ZIP. It's a shareware you can download from here
Install it to your computer, uncompress your files to their original format and try them.
In this case, IMP is an ebook format (not a very well known format) and not a compression format.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Oh well! Was a longshot!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Oh well! Was a longshot!
Nice try though. have to give you a brownie point for that.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #11
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Quote:

I haven't been in your situation, but I did remember reading about others with the same problem. Your reader should be functional. I think that the information you seek can be found on this page: Migration instructions for a GEB 2150/REB 1200 or ETI-1 eBook

They provide instructions and an FAQ. This will allow you to use the online content providers and bookshelves. You should also be able to import your .imp files with a SmartCard. The ebookwise site that someone mentioned above goes into detail about how to upload personal content.

Barring all that, I've found the people at ebookwise to be very helpful when I needed help.

Good luck!

Last edited by Mikou; 06-21-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #12
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
You will need to migrate your 1150 as it can't import .imp files directly. My GEB 2150 does but takes forever.

I don't think it will read the outpt of the Ebookwise librarian until you migrate it. If you an find a way to convert the .imp files to .rb, I think it will read them but you'll need to manually move them to the SMC.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:21 PM   #13
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Take a look here also:
http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB120...00.htm#geb1150
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote