Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Question about auto email for News

Hello!

Is there a way to tell calibre to email just specific "news feed fetching" jobs and other not?

For example i use calibre to fetch he Times feed on Monday but the file is very often around 3-4 MB and i don't really read it every week so i don't want to let the file being emailed to my kindle automatical.

But on Thursdays and Sundays i download a local Newspaper feed which is round about 1MB most of the times and which i nearly read everytime which i want to auto-email it to my kindle email after download. That already works perfect using windows autotask function especially when out on vacation or other trips. Very nice.

But it seems to me i only have the choice to email every auto generated news file or no. Is that right or am i missing something?

And if so would it be a reasonable request to bring in an option for example in the "time based download wizzard" to tell each download job to mail after download or not to mail?
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes you can't control which news is emailed. Feel free to open a feature request (actually I think there may already be one).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Hmm, maybe this sounds dumb but how do i open an "official request"?

Is there some kind of request thread?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You go to the calibre home site (http://calibre-ebook.com/bugs), and open a ticket. If you have not already done so you will have to register (free) to be allowed to do so.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
Sischa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You go to the calibre home site (http://calibre-ebook.com/bugs), and open a ticket. If you have not already done so you will have to register (free) to be allowed to do so.
Thank you!