Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Deko
Deko began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook
Exclamation eBook formating error

I have had the Pirates Latitude eBook on B&N eReader app for iPhone, sense Nov, 27th. The eBook shows up formatted correctly on iPhone, but not on the nook. I received the nook on monday and Pirates of Latitude is the only eBook that I own, giving me a format issue. All other eBooks work perfectly on the nook.

I did call B&N and they put me on the line with tech support. Tech support is the ones who told me to do the procedures in my first post. Also indicating, I was the first to report such an issue and saying they would be curious if others are having the same issue. With no luck, was told they would heighten this issue. The tech support person downloaded the Pirates of Latitude eBook to a nook they had with no formatting issues on there end. Stating the only thing that should be underlined is the chapters in the index, as they are links. The book is formated in ADE (Adobe Digital Editions), B&N said they do not have this eBook in ePub format at this time and are working on converting every eBook to the eBook library to ePub format.

As ePub should be the new standard, with Sony switching to ePub and are one of the oldest eReader's on the market. B&N did tell me that Sony's ePub format is different from B&N's ePub format, if that matters.

Still doesn't fix the issue I am having with this particular eBook

I have also tried changing the font before posting here, still shows up the same. I deleted, then re-installed on my iPhone, as suggested. Format works as suppose to. On the nook I have archived and downloaded 5x times.

I attached photo's to illustrate what everything looks like on both my nook and iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Deko is offline   Reply With Quote