Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Downloading Astro File Manager ...

I'm having a horrible time trying to get this app. I tried a few places, the places I have access to don't have this app. Did anyone find a place you can D/L this? if so, which app site, please?

It's probably more to do with lack of knowledge of Android settings ...
I've D/L'd Dolphin browser, Aldiko and Kindle apps with no problem.

Thanks -
Old 10-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
You could try es file explorer instead. That's the one I use on my Galaxy Tab.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Good eReader has a link for getting the Astro. I haven't tried it yet.

Question, how does your Vox compare to your Pandigital? Ooh, and you have the Tab 7. I'm jealous ;-)
Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
http://www.appbrain.com/app/astro-fi...m.metago.astro

App Brain has it. If you install the AppBrain app itself, you can use the market in the same way that you would use Android Market.

Last edited by taming; 10-29-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
The challenge: Appbrain App is, itself, in the Google Android Market so there is no way to install the Appbrain Market App.

Other challenges: there's no way to get a copy of the Scotiabank Android Mobile Banking app because it, too, is tied to the Google Android Market.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Yeah, some apps are only available in the Android Market. People with Android phones can pull off the installation file and put it on a device without Market access. Some put out a request for someone to upload a particular free app they're interested in because their device can't access the Android Market. Others try and Google for the installation file.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
And I don't think you'd want to get a banking app third party! Maybe contact your bank and see if they can send you the app? Maybe that'll get banks realizing now everyone has Market access and they'll get on that ...

Banks respond to customers' needs ... lmao!
Old 10-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #8
friktion
Zealot
friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.friktion can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony 700, Kindle 3Wi-Fi, Skytex Primer 7", Kindle Fire
Excellent! The site apktop.com is fantastic! I searched and found the latest version of Astro, downloaded it directly on the Vox, and it installed perfectly ...

Finally! Thank you so much - I will explore this site more

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Good eReader has a link for getting the Astro. I haven't tried it yet.

Question, how does your Vox compare to your Pandigital? Ooh, and you have the Tab 7. I'm jealous ;-)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Yes, I just discovered apktop.com, too. My first bookmark in the browser :P
Old 10-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Yes, I just discovered apktop.com, too. My first bookmark in the browser :P
Me too
I've downloaded astro and it's smb module. They don't seem to work for me, so i use es explorer.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The scotiabank apk can be found here: http://scotiabank-mobile-banking.download4a.com/ . I am not 100% convinced that this is actually part of the scotia bank site, btw as I cannot navigate back to the page from Scotia Bank links.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I think it's safe to say it's definitely not a Scotia Bank site. The primary company is always the end of the URL, just before ".com", in this case "download4a". This is simply an app distribution site.

I would caution downloading a sensitive app like this from a third party distribution site as it's not impossible for a hacked version (or even fake one) from being uploaded to the site with a trojan in it to steal your banking info...
Old 10-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
The challenge: Appbrain App is, itself, in the Google Android Market so there is no way to install the Appbrain Market App.

Other challenges: there's no way to get a copy of the Scotiabank Android Mobile Banking app because it, too, is tied to the Google Android Market.
I installed the app from the Android Market.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

It's in my public DropBox folder. I won't be offended if you choose not to install it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5210431/Scotiabank.apk
Old 10-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Probably as a security measure, this app does not install. It begins to install and then disappears.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Probably as a security measure, this app does not install. It begins to install and then disappears.
That's common. Try it again. If it can't install you should get an error message of some sort. I've had that happen to me on occasion.
Closed Thread