Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Wherever
Wherever began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Some problems

1. When I add new book Calibre makes name transliteration with saving to library directory. Can I disable transliteration ? And when I'm trying to move book to the device, file copies with transliterated name. Damn it!
2. When I'm trying to move book to the device it add "-<Author>" to the end.
3. When I add new book to the library and to the device(manually), then change author field in the library Calibre can't find the book on device.

I just wanna use Calibre as catalog. I'll add authors, tags, etc. by myself. I don't wanna that Calibre change anything in names, or tried to find any information in filename except title. Just filename=title!
I deleted all the regEx and set as <title>. It doesn't work

Win7 x64 SP1
Wherever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherever View Post
1. When I add new book Calibre makes name transliteration with saving to library directory. Can I disable transliteration ? And when I'm trying to move book to the device, file copies with transliterated name. Damn it!
3. When I add new book to the library and to the device(manually), then change author field in the library Calibre can't find the book on device.

I just wanna use Calibre as catalog. I'll add authors, tags, etc. by myself. I don't wanna that Calibre change anything in names, or tried to find any information in filename except title. Just filename=title!

Win7 x64 SP1
If you want to use the file system, why bother installing Calibre?
Read the sticky about folder names.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Calibre's library is its own There is no way to change how it handles filenames in the library. You can change how it saves the name when sending to device by changing the send to device template in preferences.

Filenames will always be transliterated because different filesytems support different levels of characters (computers and devices). So only characters that work across everything are used for filenames.

Filenames themselves are useless as far as calibre is concerned. Metadata can have much more info and is more flexible.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherever View Post
1. When I add new book Calibre makes name transliteration with saving to library directory. Can I disable transliteration ? And when I'm trying to move book to the device, file copies with transliterated name.
1) Calibre doesn't use the concept of filename until you export the book from the Calibre library. You can export with any name you can construct from the metadata (author, title, etc.), provided you use characters available for all OS'so
Quote:
You can use Save to Disk. You control the exported filename with Save to Disk.
Quote:
Calibre matches based on the information stored in the database. If it doesn't match, it doesn't know it's the same. How well all this works depends on your device and the calibre metadata management settings.
Quote:
If all you want is a catalog, add empty books. If you want it to export with filename set to the title, use Save to Disk and set the regex to title

Quote:
It works for me.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
Wherever
Wherever began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Ok. Thanks to all!
Wherever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert