Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question Library Creation Question(s)

I would like to split my current Library into two or three: One with all of the books currently on my Kindle, and the other with the books that are read and/or archived. (If creating the archived library is easy enough, then I will create a third one for the books I've already read).

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to choose "Use Existing Library at a New Location", or if I'm supposed to create an empty Library.

I'm also not clear on how to move/switch individual books between the two (or three).

Help/clarification, greatly appreciated.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I would like to split my current Library into two or three: One with all of the books currently on my Kindle, and the other with the books that are read and/or archived. (If creating the archived library is easy enough, then I will create a third one for the books I've already read).

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to choose "Use Existing Library at a New Location", or if I'm supposed to create an empty Library.

I'm also not clear on how to move/switch individual books between the two (or three).

Help/clarification, greatly appreciated.
Create your 'empty' Libraries
Note: there is a setting in Preferences: Tweaks 'Control how tags...' when Copying to Libraries

select Books to "MOVE" to a Single Library (the books don't have to be done all at the same time)
Right click: Copy To Library (there are 2 choices to pick from, for each existing library available).
Wait
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Create your 'empty' Libraries
Note: there is a setting in Preferences: Tweaks 'Control how tags...' when Copying to Libraries

select Books to "MOVE" to a Single Library (the books don't have to be done all at the same time)
Right click: Copy To Library (there are 2 choices to pick from, for each existing library available).
Wait

I did not see that particular tweak under preferences, BUT, I was able to create both additional Libraries and move the books accordingly!

Thank you for your help!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I did not see that particular tweak under preferences, BUT, I was able to create both additional Libraries and move the books accordingly!

Thank you for your help!
Did you look IN Tweaks?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lib_tweak.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	67872  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you look IN Tweaks?
Yes, of course I did. I apparently, however, looked right over it - twice. I got it this time.

Thank you, again.
Advert