Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Didn't realize that B&N updated their 7" tablet to 16GB instead of 8GB. Now it should have enough RAM to at least update.
Storage space is not RAM. Storage space is flash memory for storing files. RAM is the memory that programs run in. The two are entirely unrelated.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:33 PM   #77
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Storage space is not RAM. Storage space is flash memory for storing files. RAM is the memory that programs run in. The two are entirely unrelated.
I don't think RAM was the problem before. I think the older 7" B&N Tablets couldn't upgrade because the upgrade files didn't have enough space to fit in the usable storage, with enough room to and run the upgrade. I think the new 7" tablet has 1GB of RAM and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. So the amount of RAM shouldn't be a problem.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:20 PM   #78
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
Exclamation

My husband put a micro-SD card in. After hours! of trying to figure out why the Nook reader could not open the e-pubs on the card, we discovered it would only open them if they were copied to the device, we had to copy or move them to the Download(s) folder. The only way he can read them on the card is with a different e-reader app downloaded from the Google Play Store. The only one that does it so far is the FBreader app. But it won't show book covers unless he gets the premium version. Just wanted to warn someone so they didn't have to learn the hard way, lol. If anyone knows different, please tell us. 🙂
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #79
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan2 View Post
My husband put a micro-SD card in. After hours! of trying to figure out why the Nook reader could not open the e-pubs on the card, we discovered it would only open them if they were copied to the device, we had to copy or move them to the Download(s) folder. The only way he can read them on the card is with a different e-reader app downloaded from the Google Play Store. The only one that does it so far is the FBreader app. But it won't show book covers unless he gets the premium version. Just wanted to warn someone so they didn't have to learn the hard way, lol. If anyone knows different, please tell us. 🙂
I'm not an expert at reading ePub on a tablet. But I know Perfect Viewer (an app I use to read comics) can read ePub, access the SD card and is free.

Also, have you tried Moon+?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:02 AM   #80
billsfan2
Enthusiast
billsfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Kindle PW 2015, Glowlight 3
Thanks for the info ZodWallop. I looked at several of the listings for apps in the Google Play Store, but very few mentioned using SD card. I'll check out Moon+ again. We were both very upset though at wasting hours, on New Year's Eve of all evenings, to figure out how to access books on his SD card. It shouldn't have been that hard and nothing in the manual or online hinted at the solution.
billsfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #81
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsfan2 View Post
Thanks for the info ZodWallop. I looked at several of the listings for apps in the Google Play Store, but very few mentioned using SD card. I'll check out Moon+ again. We were both very upset though at wasting hours, on New Year's Eve of all evenings, to figure out how to access books on his SD card. It shouldn't have been that hard and nothing in the manual or online hinted at the solution.

B&N has always made reading from the SD card harder than it should be. I hope it works out!
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #82
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
B&N has always made reading from the SD card harder than it should be. I hope it works out!
More precisely, they haven't done anything to make accessing SD card space easy. Other device makers mount the SD card onto the file system so apps see it as just another folder.

Then again, B&N has never been particularly friendly to sideloaded ebooks on their hardware.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote