Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2020, 06:26 AM   #1
Maarten55
Maarten55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Multiple connection problems

Hi, I wanted to connect my Kindle Oasis to Calibre, but got an error message that the device couldn't be found. I'm using Mac Catalina 10.15.5 by the way.
After several tries I booted up again, which didn't help. Then I noticed my Calibre version might be outdated (though I hadn't received any update messages lately). So I uninstalled Calibre and downloaded version 4.20.0.
Then I got this: "the following disk images couldn't be opened" and "resource busy".
So now not only does my Kindle not connect, but I haven't got Calibre at all anymore.
What went wrong?
Any help is much appreciated
Maarten55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten55 View Post
Hi, I wanted to connect my Kindle Oasis to Calibre, but got an error message that the device couldn't be found. I'm using Mac Catalina 10.15.5 by the way.
After several tries I booted up again, which didn't help. Then I noticed my Calibre version might be outdated (though I hadn't received any update messages lately). So I uninstalled Calibre and downloaded version 4.20.0.
Then I got this: "the following disk images couldn't be opened" and "resource busy".
So now not only does my Kindle not connect, but I haven't got Calibre at all anymore.
What went wrong?
Any help is much appreciated
If your MAC has an SMC chip, it might need to be reset.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201295
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2020, 07:30 AM   #3
Maarten55
Maarten55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for the suggestion. I solved the problem in another way, by verifying the dmg in disk utility. The download then proceeded and I had to confirm Calibre in system preferences to allow my Kindle to connect.
It all seems very far removed from pug&play, but there you go. And it's all working again
Maarten55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, resource busy, update