Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #196
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_vexed View Post
I just got a kobo N647 from a friend, unfortunately I cannot access the internet due to a "network error" and the kobo isn't detected by my PC. Do you think you can send me the image to possibly fix this issue? I think its because the instant I turned on the kobo it updated. Please let me know.
PM sent. But...

The network will not work. Kobo had to remove support for older security protocols from their servers early last year. The firmware on the WiFi is to old to support the current protocols. And the device checks a page to see if it is available when trying to connect. This is probably failing. But, because of that, I'm surprised it updated. Unless there was already an update on the device waiting to install itself.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #197
Alt10is
Alt10is began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Would you mind sending me the file? N647 Kobo stuck on updating page.
Alt10is is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 10:06 PM   #198
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #199
dbr
dbr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi N647b
Hi Another request for the Kobo N647B Sd image please!

Thanks
dbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #200
3377VH
3377VH began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Hello there, I need a N647 image. Does it comes with both partitions? If not, can you point me toward some instructions? TYIA
3377VH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2020, 08:09 PM   #201
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@dbr, @3377VH: PMs sent.

The image is for the complete card, so it does contain all the partitions. For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. They are for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools are the same.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:56 AM   #202
dbr

No Sd Card In Kobo

Hi

Opened my Kobo only to find that there is no SD card in the slot. Does this mean I have no means to flash the Image? Any help most welcome!
Old 07-03-2020, 05:42 AM   #203
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr View Post
Opened my Kobo only to find that there is no SD card in the slot. Does this mean I have no means to flash the Image? Any help most welcome!
If you have a Kobo WiFi model N647B, then there should be an internal SD card. Without it, the device won't work. Is this a second-hand device that wasn't working? If so, you can use a new card and restore the image to that. The image is for a 2GB card, but you can use a larger card.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #204
dbr

Thanks for the info - the Kobo Wifi was sitting in an unopened box! I have tried copying the Image to a new disc, but just get an error message after 1% - I am using Linux Mint
Old 07-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #205
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr View Post
Thanks for the info - the Kobo Wifi was sitting in an unopened box!
Wow! But, there is a good chance the battery will be no good.
Quote:
I have tried copying the Image to a new disc, but just get an error message after 1% - I am using Linux Mint
What was the error message? Someone here should be able to help, but, we need some information.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #206
craziefuzi
craziefuzi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
hey im in need of an sd image for the kobo n647 too, would anyone mind sending me it?
craziefuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #207
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:48 AM   #208
craziefuzi
craziefuzi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647
i just had that same error message when trying to write to the sd, it just says error failed to write and stops. the log says the same thing
craziefuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:56 AM   #209
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craziefuzi View Post
i just had that same error message when trying to write to the sd,
What same error? don't see any recent posts discussing errors writing the image.
Quote:
it just says error failed to write and stops. the log says the same thing
Is this a new SD card? If not, that is probably the issue. Other than that, we probably can't help. The image has been used by many people. Any errors reported are with the download, or something like the card was bad. Or needing to use administrator mode. I would recommend looking at the help for the tool you are using for writing the image to see what it suggests.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #210
melaN647
melaN647 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
Hi,
On you tube the man with a N647 told your name.
I have a N647 second hand, now it's open I have the micro sd formated and need to know how to put the image drop box ont it.

cant you help me please.
sorry my english.
melaN647 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi