Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2020, 03:50 PM   #166
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.DevonHess trips the light fantastic.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
My main concern is that some settings perform additional actions when changed, and users may become confused if nothing happens instantly
Someone will always find a way to be confused by something. I think a line of warning in the docs file will satisfy most people on this forum.
DevonHess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:47 PM   #167
Elektron
Connoisseur
Elektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2, Kobo Mini
Wondering how to open a popup with NM. Any help? e.g. a code block I can copy? Thanks
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:01 PM   #168
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Wondering how to open a popup with NM. Any help? e.g. a code block I can copy? Thanks
For a pop-up message, use `dbg_msg:whatever`. For one which automatically disappears, use `dbg_toast:whatever`. For a pop-up browser, use `nickel_browser:modal`. For that, but with a custom URL, use `nickel_browser:modal:https://whatever`. For that, but with custom CSS too, use `nickel_browser:modal:https://whatever css { code: here; }`.

If you want help with something specific, I can give a more detailed example.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:38 AM   #169
Elektron
Connoisseur
Elektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura aboutElektron has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2, Kobo Mini
Quote:
For a pop-up message, use `dbg_msg:whatever`. For one which automatically disappears, use `dbg_toast:whatever`. For a pop-up browser, use `nickel_browser:modal`. For that, but with a custom URL, use `nickel_browser:modal:https://whatever`. For that, but with custom CSS too, use `nickel_browser:modal:https://whatever css { code: here; }`.

Thanks
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 01:20 AM   #170
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:

How do I incorporate a line break in the massage? Does \n work?
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:05 AM   #171
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
How do I incorporate a line break in the massage? Does \n work?
I know for 'dbg_toast' at least that it supports a limited subset of HTML and CSS. I imagine 'dbg_msg' would be the same. So the <br> tag should work for new lines. <b> and <i> will give you bold and italics respectively.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #172
Semwize

Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Semwize has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
it supports a limited subset of HTML and CSS
By the way, I wanted to clarify, if I increase the font size (120%), then the inscription is cropped, does not fit in the window. So it should be or can it be circumvented?
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:15 PM   #173
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
By the way, I wanted to clarify, if I increase the font size (120%), then the inscription is cropped, does not fit in the window. So it should be or can it be circumvented?
Do you mean elided (i.e. an ellipsis at the end), or literally cut off?

Last edited by geek1011; 07-16-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:38 PM   #174
geek1011
Wizard

I've released a new mod: NickelSeries.
Old 07-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #175
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Nickel Menu open random book

Is there a Nickel Menu config to launch a random book from my library?
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:58 PM   #176
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelesshunter View Post
Is there a Nickel Menu config to launch a random book from my library?
If such does come to be added, I would like it to take into account series and not to pick a book in the middle of a series. Meaning if I have books 3-5, only pick 3 and not 4 or 5.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #177
babygau
babygau began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h20
hi, openning dropbox seems not working, it only shows up welcome screen, when i clicked on "get started", nothing happened but blank screen.
i'm using kobo libra with latest firmware.
babygau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:14 AM   #178
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygau View Post
hi, openning dropbox seems not working, it only shows up welcome screen, when i clicked on "get started", nothing happened but blank screen.
i'm using kobo libra with latest firmware.
I vaguely seem to remember that NickelMenu will only open DropBox on a Kobo ereader that natively supports DropBox. At this point, I think that needs a Kobo Forma.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:23 PM   #179
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I vaguely seem to remember that NickelMenu will only open DropBox on a Kobo ereader that natively supports DropBox. At this point, I think that needs a Kobo Forma.
I can’t say for certain about NM though given the author also will not create patches for Dropbox or overdrive support (rightly so IMO) it follows that NM won’t add support for it either.

And yes currently the Forma stands alone as the only kobo with Dropbox support.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:33 PM   #180
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I have managed to add some custom items like reboot and power off to the home menu, but but I would like to add the section Developer options in the home menu. Any idea on how this could be done.

Or maybe a custom script or trigger to change the orientation i have already added the ForceAllowLandscape=true parameter but im trying to have inverted landscape also as an option
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel