Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #46
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Sorry to hear that things haven't picked up for your family Charlie. Hopefully they will soon.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #47
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Just checking in. I'm afraid I'm going to end up passing this month. Family health issues continue, and I just don't have time or energy to read non-fiction, no matter how much I was looking forward to this book. I expect I'll circle back around to it at some point, but not really in time to be much of a part of this discussion. My apologies to the group, but "Necessity Exists" (Victoria will get the reference, at least. )
Perfectly understood. Sending you best wishes Charlie, and hoping there’s relief in sight for your family.

Last edited by Victoria; 06-25-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:09 PM   #48
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, some improvement in the medical issues, but now we have a wildfire 600 metres from our house. Mostly vertical metres but still pretty dicey. They've been working it since yesterday evening, but it is not listed as contained, yet. So far, we're not on evacuation alert, but some of our neighbours are. I'm pulling current backups to an external 9TB Seagate drive, just in case. That and my Surface Book 2 will go in the evacuation kit.

So far, this has NOT been a good month!

ETA: Fire is contained and evacuation alert is cancelled. Whew!

Last edited by CRussel; 06-26-2019 at 06:48 PM.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #49
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, some improvement in the medical issues, but now we have a wildfire 600 metres from our house. Mostly vertical metres but still pretty dicey. They've been working it since yesterday evening, but it is not listed as contained, yet. So far, we're not on evacuation alert, but some of our neighbours are. I'm pulling current backups to an external 9TB Seagate drive, just in case. That and my Surface Book 2 will go in the evacuation kit.

So far, this has NOT been a good month!

ETA: Fire is contained and evacuation alert is cancelled. Whew!
At least you updated your backups! Glad you are safe and sound.
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote