Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Jason B.
Jason B. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
error communicating with device

When I connect my Kindle Fire HD 8 via a USB cord, I keep getting an error communicating with device message. How do I fix this?
Jason B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Usually, this kind of error can be fixed
by rebooting both the device and the computer. If that does not work, you can try location
and deleting the metadata.calibre file from the device, or finally, resetting
the device. If none of those work, you can use one of the wireless communication methods described here:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote