Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-24-2017, 05:52 AM   #1
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Question Calibre Show Books Read in Cover Grid

I came across this website and it said you could show read under each read book in the Cover Grid.
I don't know what I did wrong, but it didn't work. It still showed the book title under the cover.
Couldn't find any suggestions in the calibre manual.
Help needed please

https://evilshit.wordpress.com/2014/...ad-in-calibre/

Ooops!
Now find I was getting Cover grid mixed up with Cover Browser.
After all these years always more I find in calibre.

So it is Cover Browser I want books titled read
Any way to do that?

Last edited by Jo69; 12-24-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Preferences: Look and Feel:Cover GRID: Emblems (Left side tab)

Rule away

(I am lousy at advanced Templates, but that should also be doable for the Cover Browser)
What is your field name for read, and what type, and what is a value when read
(I use a date in column #read)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: Look and Feel:Cover GRID: Emblems (Left side tab)

Rule away

(I am lousy at advanced Templates, but that should also be doable for the Cover Browser)
What is your field name for read, and what type, and what is a value when read
(I use a date in column #read)
Not sure what you meant But here is my read column
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	read column.JPG
Views:	726
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	160931  
Old 12-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

#read is you column name
The type is Logical

If #read is True (show emblem chosen)
Old 12-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Jo69 - did you try putting your read column into Preferences->Look and Feel->Cover Browser->Field for subtitle ?

There is no way to decorate the Cover browser with emblems, badges, crests, icons, emjois etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #6
Jo69
Addict

Sorry don't understand
I have created my read column
But was just wondering if at the top of the Cover Browser I could get rid of the book title under the book cover and get it to auto change to read, when I click yes in the read yes no column.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:41 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
Sorry don't understand
But was just wondering if at the top of the Cover Browser I could get rid of the book title under the book cover and get it to auto change to read, when I click yes in the read yes no column.
No to Changing what shows. The code conditional (show/noshow) happens at different places.

Why bother showing the cover if you have read it. Just create a Virtual Library (VL): To Read (#read:false)
Old 12-27-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
Sorry don't understand
You cannot replace the Title, but you can show your Read column as a subtitle, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	160994

Just put your Read column where I have Came From.

But if you change Read in the book list it won't change what's shown in the cover browser dynamically, you have to reselect the book in the book list (i.e. down arrow/up arrow).

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:31 AM   #9
Jo69
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You cannot replace the Title, but you can show your Read column as a subtitle, viz:

Attachment 160994

Just put your Read column where I have Came From.

But if you change Read in the book list it won't change what's shown in the cover browser dynamically, you have to reselect the book in the book list (i.e. down arrow/up arrow).

BR
Thanks all for the help and ideas.