Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 02:39 PM   #1
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
Dropbox question

Does anyone have experience using the new Dropbox feature with a (very) large Dropbox account? My concern is that I have thousands of PDFs in my Dropbox already. So I'm worried this will overwhelm the Kobo Forma. The instructions make it sound like it will attempt to sync every compatible file to the device. My Dropbox easily contains well over the 8GB capacity of my Forma.

Dropbox ordinarily gives a "selective sync" option so you can choose to only sync certain folders. However, it looks like the Kobo Forma won't actually be treated like a normal Dropbox device, so I'm assuming the selective sync feature won't be available.

Any information about your experiences with Dropbox on Forma would be helpful.
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
It only syncs one directory, not your current ones. It's in the manual.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #3
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
It only syncs one directory, not your current ones. It's in the manual.
I don't follow. What do you mean?
Old 12-08-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
See this:
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...r-with-Dropbox

It only syncs books that are in:
Dropbox > Apps > Rakuten Kobo

Do wish they'd roll out this feature on the Libra soon.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:08 PM   #5
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
It only syncs books that are in:
Dropbox > Apps > Rakuten Kobo
Perfect, thanks for explaining! I somehow managed to miss this important detail when I was reading through the instructions.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
And it lets you choose on the device which files out of that directory you want to download (doesn't automatically download them).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote