Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #46
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you go back to this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81#post1745181

there were a couple of us having a network error problem. The fix was to do a factory reset on the Kobo. It seemed like something in the wifi drivers or seettings had become corrupted and a reset fixed it.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #47
Russells_Teapot
Russells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch
I greatly appreciate the help.

I took the tablet to the place it was bought, and it connected instantly to their network. The problem, therefore, must lie with me.

I remember seeing somewhere about setting the device so it will only work with B or G networks, not mixed ones, but I can't find that post.
Russells_Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #48
Russells_Teapot
Russells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRussells_Teapot exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Touch
I bit the bullet, and converted my router over to WPA2-PSK, and the Kobos connected within seconds. My son went out and bought one, so we now have three Kobos and a Kindle in the house...all happily co-existing.

It's been a pain to switch everything over, but ultimately it took less time to do that than it did trying to find a fix for the Kobo.

I'd like to express my thanks for everyone who stepped forward to try to help out. The assistance was greatly appreciated.

Now...I'm off to Barsoom. Or will it be Treasure Island. Or Mariposa?
Russells_Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #49
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPad, Nook, NC, NST, Kobo, Nook Glo, K4, KPW Touch
My touch doesn't even recognize any wireless connection at all.
zwarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #50
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
zwarbles, this may seem counter-intuitive, but if you look in the wireless section of settings before you have setup a wireless network for the first time, it seems like there is no WiFi available. However, if you press the sync button on the home page, it will search for a wireless network and you can then join your network in the usual way. The only exception to this seems to be the Enterprise versions of the network protocols.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #51
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Thank you, I didn't know that. I did like you said and it still won't read my wireless network. Bummer....so I guess I'll just have to load the books I buy manually. All my other books I'd side load anyway. I would keep the wi-fi off most of the time anyway to save on battery life.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #52
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What kind of WiFi network do you have set-up? Do you have to add the devices MAC address to your router before you can add the device into your network? Does WiFi appear to work at McDonalds or Starbucks?
Old 12-13-2011, 04:55 PM   #53
zwarbles
Connoisseur

I have a D-Link N300 wireless router, model # DIR-632.

I use an iMac for my computer, which I am wired to. The room the computer is in does not get good connection to the wireless.
But I went into the room with the router and still nothing.

I only got my touch yesterday, so I haven't taken it anywhere to try to connect.

I never had a problem connecting with any Nook, Kindle, cell phone or iPad I've had. It usually detects the network, and I have to put my router password in to connect, then it remembers it and will connect automatically. Just with this Kobo it doesn't find the network.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #54
taming
Trying for calm & polite

If the wireless does not work elsewhere, then return the Touch and get one that works . If it does work elsewhere, then you may need to investigate a bit.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #55
zwarbles
Connoisseur

ok, thanks
Old 12-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #56
zwarbles
Connoisseur

It works now. I didn't realize I had to pick "store" from the home screen for it to pick up my network.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #57
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Great! I thought it might be something simple.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #58
flexdream
flexdream began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
In case this helps anyone this is how I fixed my network problem for WiFi setup on a Kobo Touch. It could connect to a nearby unprotected network but wouldn't connect to mine even with the password. I checked my WiFi connection using another device, and the password worked fine. I then thought maybe there is a limit on the number of WiFi devices I can have connected. Looks like there is. Disconnecting another WiFi device I was then able to connect my Kobo. I've never heard of the number of WiFi connections on a router being limited, but maybe they are. I've not had problems before, but I think this is the first time I'd have tried to get a 3rd connection.
flexdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #59
BroRastus4
BroRastus4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc7
Kobo Arc7 Factory Reset

Completed Factory Reset but now have issue trying to reset the device. Will not connect / authenticate to Wi Fi. Am stuck at this point. Any suggestions?
BroRastus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #60
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
The arc 7 is a very old device, no longer supported. And I am sure there were lots of warnings that a factory reset would bork it. Did u miss all those?. Not just here but there wass some announcement from kobo ?
Try a forum search , but you may have just killed it, for connecting to kobo ever again
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, wifi