Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
SLM914
SLM914 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle (AZW3) to PDF. Medical Textbook won't convert

Hi all,

One of my professor's in medical school sent us all a Kindle format book that she wrote to use as our text for the year. Our whole class uses GoodNotes and a shared google drive to do annotations and this is the first text they gave usthat wasn't in PDF format. The professor told us we can convert it to PDF format but no one knows how.

I've tried using different options in Calibre but each time the text either appears too small or too big or totally messed up.

The book has lots of images and different color and size font which wed like to preserve. Is this possible? It seems everything I do removes the pictures or normalizes the font size, margin spaces etc. I just want an exact replica of the book.

Edit: sorry maybe its AZW4 I'm not sure. I'll check on that

Last edited by SLM914; 01-04-2015 at 07:14 PM.
SLM914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:07 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If it is an AZW4 (Print Replica) then try using KindleUnpack (or the calibre plugin version linked in that thread) to extract the PDF.

Print Replica is an actual PDF wrapped in a mobipocket database wrapper. It is common for textbooks to be in Print Replica format, so that may very well be the case here.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert