Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
My Books in softroot 1.3 is not working

Does the My Books function work on your softrooted Nook? I always get kicked out, when I try to open it.

I also cannot open the NookDevs stuff in Trook. Always get an error message Sorry failed to pars feed and a bunch of explanation.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
How many books do you have on your nook? nookLibrary has a problem with running out of memory at about 2100 books. Hari has an unreleased fix that works for me.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 05-02-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Changed link to issue
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
I don't have that many books on my Nook, but I love the Nook Dev Library much more, than the B&N.

I get kicked out, everytime I try to open it. My version is 0.0.8. Your link is not working. Can it be installed with the softroot, since I cannot download anything via Trook at the moment.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
.9 version of nookLibrary has fix for this and few other issues. I'm trying to get hold of someone to include the fix in softroot and also fix the Trook feed upgrade issue. No luck till now

Till it's fixed, only way to install the new version is to uninstall the old one via adb first, install the new version and then do a full scan again.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
madmak
madmak began at the beginning.

I can confirm that 0.0.9 fixes this issue. You have to manually uninstall 0.0.8 (or any earlier version) via ADB and then install 0.0.9. Here are steps on how to do it

1. Download and install the Android SDK.
2. Find the IP address of your nook (instructions are here: How to find nook's IP address).
3. In a terminal (command line) window, navigate to the "tools" directory in the Android SDK.
4. With the NOOK_IP being the IP address of your nook, enter the following:

adb connect NOOK_IP:5555

5. Nothing should appear to happen and you will be returned to your command prompt. This is normal.

6. type

adb uninstall com.nookdevs.library

7. download nooklibrary 0.0.9 (http://nookdevs.googlecode.com/files/nookLibrary.apk) and copy it to the android tools folder

8. type
adb install nooklibrary.apk

9. restart your nook.
madmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #6
riemann42
Zealot
riemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enoughriemann42 will become famous soon enough

Device: eSlick,nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmak View Post
I can confirm that 0.0.9 fixes this issue. You have to manually uninstall 0.0.8 (or any earlier version) via ADB and then install 0.0.9. Here are steps on how to do it

1. Download and install the Android SDK.
2. Find the IP address of your nook (instructions are here: How to find nook's IP address).
3. In a terminal (command line) window, navigate to the "tools" directory in the Android SDK.
4. With the NOOK_IP being the IP address of your nook, enter the following:

adb connect NOOK_IP:5555

5. Nothing should appear to happen and you will be returned to your command prompt. This is normal.

6. type

adb uninstall com.nookdevs.library

7. download nooklibrary 0.0.9 (http://nookdevs.googlecode.com/files/nookLibrary.apk) and copy it to the android tools folder

8. type
adb install nooklibrary.apk

9. restart your nook.
Follow the same steps for the new nooklauncher (com.nookdevs.launcher).

hharan, what's up with the certificate issue? Thanks for all yer hard work, by the way, nooklibrary works great!
riemann42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

B&N has added some kind of check to block apps with certificates that were not from them. we had this upgrade issue in 1.2 as well initially.
We fixed it by replacing a class file in services.jar ( one of the system jar files) with the one from 1.1 version. I forgot which one and nobody seems to remember it now
Someone has to go thro' the classes and figure out which one again. I'll try to do it next weekend if it's not done by then.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote